At the age of 82, Shiv Charan failed the Rajasthan Board Class 10 exam once again, the result of which was declared on Sunday, June 19.
Exam becomes hindrance for marriage:
- His failure in the board examination has once again shattered his hopes of getting married
- In the early years of his life, he promised to marry only after getting through the examinations
- “It is not just passing the exam. It will also give me an opportunity to get married,” he said.
Popularly known as Sheojiram and Pappu, the old man lives in Kohari village of Rajasthan’s Behror town, over 140 km from here, has been taking the test for the last 47 years.
Determined to achieve success
- Because of his age, he has problems with his eye sight, hearing and in walking but his passion to pass the exam remains intact
- “Till the time I am alive I will go on giving the exam,” Shiv Charan told IANS on Monday
- “In 1995, I passed in almost all subjects except mathematics,” he said.
- However, this time, he was not able to pass in any subject. In some subjects, he secured zero marks
- Shiv Charan took his first board exam in 1969. Since then, passing them has become the main aim of his life.
Shiv, who is fully dependent on the state government’s old age pension, now lives in a temple.