IBPS PO 2017 Exam Notification is Out? Check here for Real News
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is about to start soon, this year with recruitment exams for various posts in govt banks.The IBPS PO Exam 2017 notification for PO/ MT posts in public sector banks seems to have leaked on social media.IBPS has not published the notice on their official website, ibps.in and hence it could be fake.
IBPS had been entrusted with the task of conducting, evaluating & publishing results for an all India common test to facilitate filling of bank jobs.
Candidates clearing the test would be called for common interviews following which they have to register their order of preference among the participating 20 public sector banks or any other financial institution.
Note: This IBPS PO 2017 could be a fake notification, as it is not officially announced.But we have the responsibility to alert our readers about such a news.Hence we are publishing the notice on this website, along with alert message.
Dates to Note:
- Online registrations shall start from August 6 to 20, 2018
- IBPS PO preliminary exam on October 7, 8, 14 & 15, 2018
- Main examination on November 26th
- Final allotments to be completed by April 2017
No. of Vacancies
For the first time ever, IBPS has published an indicative list of vacancies in banks.A total of 3247 bank jobs are to filled in the year 2018-19 across 20 public sector banks.
This is only a tentative (temporary) list & changes may happen.
The job allotments will happen based on the final list of vacancies reported by banks.So the number of jobs may slightly increase or decrease in the upcoming months.
Am I Eligible to Register?
If you wish to apply for IBPS PO 2017 exams here are the latest conditions:
– Agelimit: 20 – 30 yrs (+3 yrs for OBC,+5 yrs for SC/ST) as on July 1, 2017
– Should posses a degree from a recognized university as on Aug 6, 2017
There is no specific percentage required in graduation.Pass in degree is enough to apply for these exams.
IBPS PO 2017 Exam Pattern:
Like previous years, the 2017 IBPS PO Exams shall follow a two stage process – Preliminary & Main Exam.Both shall be conducted only through online mode.
– Prelims test will have 100 questions that should be answered within 1 hour.
– IBPS will fix cutoffs for each section & total score, which candidates need to score to pass in prelims.
Candidates who qualify in the preliminary test will only be eligible for main examination.
- Main exam would have 200 questions with a total duration of 2 hours.
- Eash section must be completed within the specified time limit
- You must achieve the cutoff scores (section-wise & total) to be called for common interviews.
For every wrong answer,negative mark of 0.25 would also be reduced in both prelim & main exam.
Fee & Registrations:
The application fees are fixed at Rs.100 (SC/ST) or Rs.600 (others) with the option of paying it through,
Online (from Aug 6 – 26): Visit ibps.in & click on the online application to fill the necessary details.After submitting the form, you would be directed to the online fee payment gateway.
- Pay the appropriate fee amount using netbanking/credit or debit cards
- After the transaction is complete, print the generated e-receipt
- If application submission is successful, a registration number & password would be shown that has to be noted.
There is no option to pay the fees at any local banks. Everybody must pay online only.
You are also advised to take a print of the completely filled application form as it has to be produced at the time of interviews.
Real or Fake Notification?
The so called IBPS PO 2017 exam notification was being circulated online, which can be seen here on google drive (.pdf)
*IBPS has not yet published the notification for IBPS PO 2017 on their official website ibps.in.
*So there is a doubt about the genuineness of this advertisement.
Therefore, we advise readers to treat this notice with caution and there could be some changes once its officially announced.