NEET 2018: Online application forms to start from Jan 31 on cbseneet.nic.in
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET 2018 online application forms are expected to start from January 31, 2018. As per the information received from sources, Central Board of Secondary Education is likely to release the NEET 2018 notification after January 25, 2018. The online application forms are most likely to start from Jan. 31 on the official website cbseneet.nic.in. Candidates interested in applying for the examination can do so then. NEET 2018 is scheduled to be held on May 10, 2018, across centres in the country.
Candidates who wish to appear in the exam must regularly visit the official website. The details on the latest rules, minimum eligibility, age limit, number of attempts etc will be available in the official notification. The NEET-UG 2018 entrance exam will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Like last year, CBSE is expected to commence the online application process from the last week of January which is expected to end in the first week of March. In 2017, the online registration commenced from January 31 and continued till March 1. Though the official notification is yet to be released, mentioned below are the exam dates, test pattern, eligibility criteria and other things that need to be kept in mind –
NEET 2018 Exam Dates-
Schedule for online submission of application forms: Last week of January 2018. (expected)
Last date for the payment of fee: First week of March 2018. (expected)
NEET 2018 test pattern-
The NEET (UG) shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with the single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology). The duration of paper would be 03 hours from 10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
NEET 2018: The seats are classified into the following categories-
(i) All India Quota Seats
(ii) State Government Quota Seats
(iii) State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
(iv) Central Pool Quota Seats
NEET 2018 Aadhaar Number requirement-
– At the time of filling application form of NEET, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender and hereby give their consent to CBSE to validate the information provided by them with the UIDAI’s database.
– For Indian citizens and ordinary residents of India, Aadhaar Number is a requirement to fill up the online application of NEET in all States except J&K, Assam and Meghalaya.
– For NRIs, Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET.
– For Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s), Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET.
Attached is the notification below – http://www.natboard.edu.in/pdoof/pbnotice2017/Public%20Notice%20reg.pdf
Courses Offered by NEET:
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
Students can check here the exam dates of NEET 2018 entrance exam:
|Application form release||31st January 2018 (Expected)|
|Last date for filling the application||1st March 2018 (Expected)|
|Last date to submit the application fee||1st week of March 2018|
|Release of admit card||4th week of April 2018|
|Exam date||10th May 2018|
|Result announcement||1st week of June 2018|
|1st Round Counselling starts||12th June to 24th June 2018|
Urdu to be 11th NEET Exam Language in 2018-19 Session
Here comes good news for all the NEET candidates! As per the recent buzz, Urdu language is going to be added into NEET 2018 exam as the 11th Exam language. Urdu is the sixth most spoken language in India and hence, including it to NEET Exam is a welcoming decision.
It is noteworthy that NEET Exam is already conducted in 10 vernacular languages namely English, Hindi, Telugu, Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Bengali, Kannada, and Oriya. In NEET Exam 2018-19, candidates can choose Urdu in NEET Online Form, after which they’ll appear in the exam in their desired language.
NEET 2018 New Changes Introduced:
- On the proposal of Union Health Ministry, MCI approved to finish attempts limit from 2018. Now, candidates from general/OBC category may attempt the NEET exam 9 times. Whereas, candidates belong to reserved category, they can attempt the exam 14 times.
- As per the latest news, the supreme court has passed the order that, the exam will be bilingual.
NEET Application Form 2018
The detailed application procedure is mentioned below:
- Students can avail the NEET 2018 Application Form via online mode only.
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
NEET 2018 Application Fee:
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1400/- (for UR & OBC) and Rs. 750/- (for SC/ST & PH).
- The fee payment can be made via online mode (debit or credit card).
- Payment can also be done through the e-challan of Syndicate, SBI, ICICI Bank or HDFC bank.
NEET 2018 Important guidelines:
- Aadhaar card is a mandatory requirement for form submission, apart from being eligible for NEET exam
- Mobile number and email ID entered during registration must be candidate’s own or their parents
- All official communications regarding the exam will be sent to these communication points
Age Limit to apply for NEET 2018:
The minimum age required is 17 years (for all category) and maximum age limit is relaxed 5 years for the SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PH candidates as per the government rule.
The age criteria for appearing in NEET (UG) 2018 is as follows:
- For candidates of Unreserved Category (UR) born on or between 06.05.1994 and 01.01.2002, 25 years as on December 31, 2018.
- For candidates of SC/ST/OBC category born on or between 06.05.1989 and 01.01.2002, maximum of 30 years as on December 31, 2018.
How to calculate your age for application:
You can calculate your age through online AGE CALCULATOR for NEET 2018. The age calculator gives your age as per your DOB and the date on which you want to calculate. Set the date December 31, 2018 for the date you want to calculate the age.
Maximum attempts for applying:
Maximum of three attempts will be counted from NEET 2017 entrance test. If the student has appeared in NEET 2017 then his/her attempt is counted as one, prior to NEET 2017 entrance test attempts are not counted.
Nationality criteria required:
- NRI/ Foreign Students: A student from Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG) 2018
- Indian National: All the Indian Nationals are eligible to appear for NEET-UG 2018
Education qualification required:
The minimum qualification should be 12th (Senior Secondary) pass from the state board or from the recognized University. The subject in Class 12 must be Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology or any other elective subject with English.
Students must have secured minimum 50 per cent marks in PCB group for general candidates and 45 per cent (for general PH) and 40per cent (for SC/ST/OBC categories)
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 examination is mentioned below:
- No. of Question: Total 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET UG 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus will be based on a common syllabus prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus will have topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. It will be prescribed after the review of various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE. The syllabus will be based on the 11th & 12th class standard.
NEET UG 2018 Preparation Tips
- Firstly, gather all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Make a proper time-table for your preparations.
- Consider the good preparation books and study materials.
- Practice mock test & previous year question papers.
- Stay stress free & healthy while preparing for exams.
- Don’t try to include new topics at the end of preparations.
NEET Exam 2017:
The CBSE conducted the NEET on May 7, 2017 for admission into approximately 65,170 seats of MBBS and nearly 25,730 BDS courses. As per the information available on MCI and DCI websites, 470 medical colleges and 308 Dental colleges take part in the official admission process based on NEET results.
Out of the 10,90,085 students who appeared in NEET exam, 6,11,539 have passed the medical entrance examination which was held on May 7, 2017.
Respected Source – Financial Express