SSC CGL Exam Pattern Changes Tier 1, 2, 3 & 4 Key Points.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern Changes and most important key points of Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 Examination for the candidates to know before applying for the Combined Graduate Level examination.
Staff Selection Commission has one of the top most Government Organization of India that Recruits the candidates for the central government Posts and Jobs.
SSC CGL 2017: Commission Adds 7 New Exam Cities This Year
This year, the Commission has added 7 new exam cities to the list. This includes: Berhampore (Odisha), Bharatpur (Rajasthan), Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh), Nizamabad (Telangana), Warangal (Telangana), Ahmednagar and Alibaug (both in Maharashtra).
This is a good news for candidates of these regions, as now they have a chance to appear for SSC CGL 2017 from their own place. Though exactly not ascertained, but increased number of applicants every year, might be the main reason behind this move of the Commission. Reported by NDTV
Subscribe Here For Daily Updates –
SSC CGL 2017: Five changes in exam pattern and selection procedure
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) recruitment notification on May 15, 2017. Online application has been started from May 16, 2017 and last date to apply is June 16, 2017 (up to 5 pm). The exam will be conducted in four stages — Tier -1, Tier- 2, Tier -3 and Tier – 4. Tier 1 exam will be conducted from August 1, 2017 to August 20, 2017.
In this article, we are highlighting major changes in the SSC CGL 2017 pattern and selection procedure:
1. Exam timing for Tier 1 has been reduced to 60 minutes from 75 minutes.
SSC, for the first time conducted CGL exam in online mode in 2016 and kept the duration for tier 1 as 75 minutes which led to an increase in cut-off marks (from 102 to 137). The reduced time limit may lead to decrease in cut-off for this year.
2. New posts have been introduced
Post of Assistant Accounts Officer (Post code – $ and Grade Pay – 4800) has been introduced in the Department of Indian Audits & Accounts under CAG this year.
3. Post of compiler has not been mentioned
Earlier, the post of Compiler (Grade Pay – 2400) was mentioned in SSC CGL 2016 recruitment, but it has not been declared this year.
Note: The Post Code- B (for the Post of Assistant in Central Vigilance Commission) is missing in this year SSC CGL 2017 notification. It is expected that SSC will update it soon.
4. Confusion regarding age limit been increased from 27 years to 30 years?
Many aspirants were confused regarding upper age limit for SSC CGL 2017, whether it is 27 or 30 years. Regarding the same there was a notification in The Gazette of India on December 26, 2016 that said the upper age limit for excise inspector, preventive officer and examiner will be 30 years.
However, in the latest notice released on May 17, the Commission has clarified the maximum age limit is 30 years.
5. Grade pay of some posts have been increased (details below)
Overall there are no major changes in the exam syllabus and the tiers. Source – Indian Express
Now here we will discuss step by step Changes for the CGL Examination which have taken place.
SSC CGL Pattern Important Things To Notice :-
- National Career Service (NCS) May conduct the SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination.
- Online Admit Cards :-SSC CGL Admit cards are the most precious thing to have in your hand if you are going to appear in the SSC CGL Exam so it is important to note that SSC CGL Admit cards that were coming to your home till date will not come now.Yes, Now the SSC CGL Exam Admit card will be available Online and candidates will have to download the E-Admit card Directly though the respective Regional Website of SSC, so no admit cards at home by post for candidates. Everything is Online.
- No Pen & Paper :-As There were always candidates have to worry about the Pen and paper for the SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2 Examination but the problem is solved by Staff Selection Commission as there is no more Pen and Paper.Now SSC CGL Tier 1 and Tier 2 Exam will be computer based Examination no Pen and Paper is needed.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern :-
There are so many changes have taken place in the SSC CGL Tier 1 Examination that are as follows :
Change 1 :-
According to Previous CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern there were 200 Questions in the Tier 1 Exam but now the There will only be 100 Questions for the candidates to give the answer.
Change 2 :-
CGL Tier 1 Exam always have four Sections to solve and all section had 50 questions but now there will only be 25 questions for each section and there will only be 25×4 Questions in Each Section.
Change 3 :-
Time has been reduced as the question reduced. Yes The time limit for the SSC CGL Tier 1 has been reduced and Now it will 75 Minutes only.
*** There will be 100 Minutes for Visually handicapped Suffering form Cerebral Palsy Candidates.
Change 4 :-
The Negative marking for each wrong answer were .25 in the CGL Tier 1 Exam but according to new Changes in The pattern the Exam will have 0.50 Negative marking for each wrong answer.
Important Note For SSC CGL Tier 1 Pattern :-
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam is Qualifying nature of Paper i.e. if candidate clears the CGL Tier 1 Paper then he/she will be eligible for the CGL Tier 2 Examination.
Second thing to notice about the tier 1 Paper is that the marks obtained through the CGL Tier 1 Exam will be used in the Final Merit or will be added to the Final marks which will decide the merit of the candidates.
Subjects in SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam :-
There will be Four Section of Tier 1 Exam Each Contains 25 Questions with 50 Marks of Each that are :-
- General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- General Awareness.
- Quantitative Aptitude.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern :-
Staff Selection Commission’s CGL Tier 2 Exam will be A Computer Based Paper and will not have use of Pen and Paper.
Key Points of CGL Tier 2 Exam :-
There are Four Papers in The CGL Tier 2 Examination description about them are :-
- Four Papers Each of 200 Marks and 2 (Two) Hours.
- VH candidates suffering from cerebral palsy will have 2 hours 40 Minutes.
- Paper – I is Quantitative abilities contains 100 questions.
- Paper – 2 is English Language & Comprehension contains 200 questions.
- Paper 1 and Paper 2 is Compulsory for Each Candidate who is appearing in CGL TIer 2 Examination.
- Paper – 3 is Statistics contains 100 Questions is only for those candidates who filled for Statistical Investigator Post.
- Paper – 4 is Finance and Accounts contains 100 questions and only for those candidates who applied for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
*** Paper 1, Paper 3, Paper 4 Contains the same negative marking as 0.50 for each wrong answer, but In the paper 2 for each wrong answer there is 0.25 negative marking rank, so be careful for it.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern :-
SSC CGL Tier 3 Paper is basically called a Descriptive paper as it is used to check out the candidates mental ability to describe anything.
Pattern of CGL Tier 3 Exam :-
- The CGL Tier 3 Paper Pattern is Pen and Paper Mode.
- CGL TIer 3 Paper is of 100 Marks and two medium English and Hindi.
- CGL Tier 3 Paper is of 60 Minutes but for VH candidates suffering form cerebral palsy is 80 Minutes.
- Candidates must attend the 33% overall in Paper 3 to Qualify the Paper 3.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Pattern :-
According to SSC CGL Tier 4 pattern it contains the Computer ability test of candidates.
- CGL Tier 4 paper is Data Entry Skill Test (DEST).
- It is also a Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) Wherever it is applicable.
- It is of Qualifying nature.
So these are the important Changes and Key points to notice for the Combined Graduate Level Examination.
Candidates must have to go through the CGL Exam Pattern before appearing in the examination.