In Canada generally you will find the minimum criteria for MBA to be at least few years of work experience and a
good GMAT score, however New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) has come up with its unique MBA program where student can not only pursue MBA in Canada without having any work experience and GMAT but also be provided with a great opportunity to pursue their professional goals.
NYIT MBA program is offered in Vancouver and is a two years course having an option to graduate with concentration. Students gain from the advantages of taking a degree program through a prestigious university like the New York Institute of Technology with world–class professors and the MBA Program has also been rated in top tier of US News & World’s Report
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) is ranked a top regional university by U.S. News & World Report, and, for the second year in a row, is named among the top 50 universities in the north in the 2014 rankings. NYIT is a U.S. University and has its campus in Manhattan New York and has a good standing with the employers. NYIT is more of a professional business school which has its campus in Vancouver also and student gets generally recruited by business firms.
Stressing the application of modern business theories to problems confronting modern-day administrators in the public and private sectors of the economy,NYIT’s curriculum is multi-functional, integrated, and up-to-date.The NYIT new and transformational M.B.A. program reflects best practice approaches to quality management education worldwide. Built in a style that reflects the trending MiM (Master’s in Management) programs that are emerging in the USA, and are currently prevalent in Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, and other nations, the NYIT M.B.A. program provides a cutting edge learning.
The advantages of pursuing the MBA degree after just finishing the undergraduate degree are as follows
– Get into the work force quickly
– Get highly respected degree at a young age
– Get theoretical and practical work knowledge without having worked in any industry
Three Year Work Visa after MBA in Canada
After pursuing NYIT MBA program in Vancouver Canada, student would get a three year work visa as well. Kindly send the documents in order to assess your profile correctly. Generally you would require atleast a GPA of 3.0 to get into the NYIT.
Student can find the program details below –
Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Duration: 2 years
Required Credits: 42 or 48 Credits
ADMISSION TIMES Admission Times is the admission advisory board for the — students, universities and overseas education system. Admission Times consists of accomplished professionals with years of experience in education industry. The objective of the advisory board is to provide guidance & counsel the student to provide insight into the university admission process. Fill the form on the right to REQUEST A CALLBACK or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Program Overview
Whether you have just completed your undergraduate degree, or have been working in your chosen field for years, the prestigious New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program offers you a great opportunity to pursue your professional goals. NYIT’s highly–ranked MBA is world-recognized for its high standard in business education. Students gain from the advantages of taking a degree program through a prestigious university like the New York Institute of Technology with world–class professors.
- The MBA degree is from a large, highly ranked, well-known university
- Whether courses are taken in New York or Vancouver the degree is the same NYIT MBA degree.
- Classes are taught by both instructors who are either professionally or academically qualified. Many are New York based professors, who teach their specialties throughout the world including Vancouver.
- 3 Intakes starting in January, May and September.
- BC Ministry of Advanced Education approved degree granting.
- International students will get 3-year open post-graduate work permit.
3. Entrance Requirements
- GPA must be 3.00 or higher on a scale of 4.
- English Proficiency: IELTS – 6.5
If the student who have IELTS 5.5 but meet other admission requirements will now be eligible for 8 weeks ESLI course. The charges for this course are separate and to know more , kindly fill the form “Request a Callback“
4. Required Documentation
- NYIT Application form
- Payment of the application fee: US$ 50 (non-refundable)
- Official Certificate of bachelor degree (English or Notarized)
- Official transcript of all undergraduate work (English or Notarized)
- Proof of English Proficiency: IELTS 6.5
- A resume (1-2 pages) (optional )
- Two recent photographs (passport size)
5. Tuition and fee:
- Application Fee: US$ 50 (non-refundable)
- For students requiring 31.5 credits = $29,767.50
(Non-waivable core 21 credits + Elective 9 credits + Technical Communications 1.5 credits)
- For students requiring 49.5 credits = $46,777.50 CAD
(Non-waivable core 21 credits + Electives 9 credits + Waivable core 18 credits + Technical Communications 1.5 credits)
- Students pursuing MBA with concentrations (Finance or Tourism) are required to take 15 credits in the area of their concentration so their tuition fee will be higher.
NOTE: NYIT Admissions Department will determine as to how many credits the student must take to complete the M.B.A.
6. The MBA Options Seven different concentrations are available in the NYIT MBA program. The general MBA requires 42 credits — 27 of which are core courses and 12 are electives. Concentrations require 48 credits – 27 core and 15 as electives within the concentration and 3 from any area. For example (currently offered in Vancouver):
- General Business Administration – 42 Credits
- Marketing – 48 Credits
- Management of Information Systems, MIS – 48 Credits
- Finance – 48 Credits
7. Curriculum Prerequisite courses for any MBA Option The following courses are required for those who have not previously taken the equivalents. Potential waivers for these courses will be determined upon initial application to the program.
ACCT 595 Financial Accounting
ECON 595 Survey Economics
MIST 595 Information Systems for Management
QANT 595 Quantitative Method I
Curriculum Requirements for the Master of Business Administration
|Waivable Program Core (Prerequisite Courses):||Credits:|
|Principles of Economics I||1.5|
|Principles of Economics II||1.5|
|Principles of Management||1.5|
|Management Information Systems||1.5|
|Introduction to Marketing||1.5|
|Production and Operations Management||1.5|
|Business Policy and Strategy||1.5|
|Total: 18 credits|
All students must complete this 18-credit core requirement. Courses may be waived in those instances where the undergraduate experience includes course equivalencies. Courses in this core are offered to M.B.A. students in an accelerated format.
|Non- Waivable Program Core:||Credits:|
|Professional Development Seminar||0|
|Macro Environment of Business||1.5|
|Microeconomics Industry Analysis||1.5|
|Financial Policy and Value Creation||1.5|
|Executing and Reporting Financial Market Transactions||1.5|
|International Dimensions of Organizational Behavior||1.5|
|Business Enterprise Environment||1.5|
|Enterprise Resource Planning Systems||1.5|
|Multi-Criteria Decision Models||1.5|
|Ethics and Social Responsibility||1.5|
|Strategic Leadership Capstone||3|
|Total: 21 credits|