Top 10 Management institutes in India: Ranking released by HRD Ministry
The Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani released the ‘India Rankings 2016‘. The list of top 10 Management institutes in India has also been prepared according to which, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore has bagged the first rank as the top management institute in India.
According to newspaper reports, this is the first-of-its-kind indigenous ranking framework for higher education institutions, which has come out with a list of top 10 universities and institutes of Management in the India.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) has put IIT Madras on the top spot, as the topmost engineering college, followed by IIT Mumbai and IIT Kharagpur. The top management institution is IIM Bangalore, while Indian Institute of Science Bangalore is the best university in India.
The Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) and the University of Hyderabad have also made the cut in the list of best universities of India. While the JNU has been ranked third, Hyderabad University has been named fourth best institute. Both Hyderabad Central University and JNU were in the news over the death of Rohith Vemula and the sedition row.
All 122 centrally-funded institutions – including all central universities, IITs and IIMs – participated in the first round of ranking.
List of top 10 Management institutes in India:
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangaluru
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- International Management Institute, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore