Top 10 Pharmaceutical institutes announced by HRD Ministry: Check out the list
The Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani released the ‘India Rankings 2016’. The list of top Pharmaceutical institutes in India has also been prepared according to which, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal bagged the first rank as the top pharmaceutical institute in India.
According to newspaper reports, this is the first-of-its-kind indigenous ranking framework for higher education institutions, which has come out with a list of top 10 universities and institutes of Pharmacy in India.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) has put IIT Madras on the top spot, as the topmost engineering college, followed by IIT Mumbai and IIT Kharagpur. The top management institution is IIM Bangalore, while Indian Institute of Science Bangalore is the best university in India.
The Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) and the University of Hyderabad have also made the cut in the list of best universities of India. While the JNU has been ranked third, Hyderabad University has been named fourth best institute. Both Hyderabad Central University and JNU were in the news over the death of Rohith Vemula and the sedition row.
All 122 centrally-funded institutions – including all central universities, IITs and IIMs – participated in the first round of ranking..
List of top 10 Pharmaceutical institutes:
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- University institute of pharmaceutical sciences, Chandigarh
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Erandwane, Pune
- Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Bombay College of Pharmacy, Mumbai
- Birla Institute of technology, Ranchi
- Amrita School of Pharmacy, Kochi
- JSS college of Pharmacy, Ootacamund
- JSS college of Pharmacy, Mysuru