India Rankings 2016: Here Are The Best Universities And Colleges
Top 10 Universities In India 2016 – The two institutions that have been at the center of a nationalism debate in recent months — Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru University and the University of Hyderabad – are among the best universities in India, according to a survey of educational institutions commissioned by the government for the first time.
‘India Rankings 2016‘ have been released by the Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani on Monday at Vigyan Bhawan. According to newspaper reports, this is the first-of-its-kind indigenous ranking framework for higher education institutions, which has come out with a list of top 100 universities and institutes of engineering, management and pharmacy in the country.
With an overall score of 91.81, IISc topped the first National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), a survey of India’s educational institutions commissioned by the Union human resource development ministry.
IISc was previously the top-ranking Indian institution named in the Times Higher Education list of 2015.
The Mumbai-based Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), was ranked number two by NIRF, with a score of 87.58.
The Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) and the University of Hyderabad have also made the cut in the list of best universities of India 2016. While the JNU has been ranked third, Hyderabad University has been named fourth best institute. Both Hyderabad Central University and JNU were in the news over the death of Rohith Vemula and the sedition row.
All 122 centrally-funded institutions – including all central universities, IITs and IIMs – participated in the first round of ranking. The framework is primarily divided into two categories:
The IITs — both old and new —lead the tables for engineering, occupying the first 11 positions. Predictably, the first five IITs, established during 1950s and early 1960s, took the first five positions, led by IIT Madras with a weighted score of 89.42, followed by IIT Bombay, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi and IIT Kanpur with weighted score of 87.67, 83.91, 82.03 and 81.07, respectively.
In Times Higher Education BRICS and Emerging Economies rankings for 2016, Indian educational institutes bagged 16 places among top 200 universities. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore was ranked 16, the only Indian institute to be featured in the top 20.
Here are the top ten universities in each of the report’s categories:
Top 10 Universities In India 2016
1. Indian Institute Of Science, Bangalore
2. Institute Of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
3. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
4. University Of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
5. Tezpur University, Tezpur
6. University Of Delhi, New Delhi
7. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
8. Indian Institute Of Space Science And Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
9. Birla Institute Of Technology & Science, Pilani
10. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
Top 10 Engineering Institutes in India 2016
1. Indian Institute Of Technology, Madras
2. Indian Institute Of Technology, Bombay
3. Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur
Top 10 Management Institutes In India 2016
1. Indian Institute Of Management, Bangaluru
2. Indian Institute Of Management, Ahmedabad
3. Indian Institute Of Management, Calcutta
Top 10 Pharmacy Institutes In India 2016
1. Manipal College Of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
2. University Institute Of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
3. Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
Check out the ranking of all the universities Click Here