CBSE UGC NET 2018: Application form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Dates: Candidates who want to serve the nation as an educationalist can apply for the UGC NET 2018. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of Union Grant Commission (UGC). After qualifying the examination, candidates will be able to apply for the junior research fellowship and for the posts of assistant professor also. The date for this test is 8th July 2018.
All the Indian universities and colleges approve the professors who have passed this examination or will go for it. The number of subjects for which NET facilitates for this examination is 79. There are various centers for examination and the number of NET institutions is 89. Before moving on for the examination, one should get complete information about UGC NET 2018 July Application Form.
UGC NET Examination 2018: National Eligibility Test (NET) Entrance Exam is organized by the University Grants Commission. The UGC offered likewise courses Medical, Business and Engineering. Number of candidates are waiting for UGC 2018 notification. If you are interested and eligible, then you also awarded JRF (Junior Research Fellowship).
UGC NET 2018 Notification Released: Exam In July, Pattern Changed; Upper Age Limit For Jrf Increased
For the exam which is scheduled to be held on 8 July 2018, upper age limit for JRF aspirants has been increased by two years.
As per a notification issued by the CBSE, the exam will be conducted on July 8, 2018 (Sunday).
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct UGC NET in July this year. For the exam which is scheduled to be held on 8 July 2018, upper age limit for JRF aspirants has been increased by two years. ‘The upper age limit for appearing in JRF has also been raised by two years: from the existing 28 years to 30 years (the relaxation as earlier will remain same). Official notification in this regard will be released on the official website of CBSE NET at cbsenet.nic.in.
UGC NET July 2018 Important Dates
- Date of publication of notification: 1 February 2018
- Online Application Process: 6 March 2018- 5 April 2018
- Payment of Application Fee: Till 6 April 2018
- Exam Date: 8 July 2018
Candidates who desire to appear in the test may see the detailed notification available on the official website http://cbsenet.nic.in from February 1, 2018.
Candidates will be able to fill the UGC NET JULY 2018 application form online, from cbsenet.nic.in. The last date to apply is April 05, 2018, but the payment of fee can be done until April 06, 2018. To submit the application form successfully, the candidates will first have to fill details in it and upload the scanned image of photograph and signature on it.
Payment of application fee is an important step because, without it, the candidates will not be allowed to appear for the examination. The amount of application fee has not been revealed yet, however, last year it was Rs. 1000 for general category candidate and Rs. 500 for OBC NCL candidates. The candidates belonging to SC / ST/ PwD category only had to pay Rs. 250.
Last year, Board introduced few changes in the pattern of the exam but this year it has made drastic amendments.
#1 First change in UGC NET 2018 is the change in exam pattern
Paper I scheme details: Paper I will have 50 objective type questions (compulsory) and each carrying 2 marks each. The paper shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. The candidates need to answer this paper in 60 minutes (9:30 AM -10:30 AM).
Paper II scheme details: Paper II will have 100 objective type questions (compulsory) and each carrying 2 marks, which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. The test will held for two hours (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
#2 Second change is the change in age limit
Another important change in the process of the exam is that the age limit for JRF candidates has been increased. Earlier, candidates above the age of 28 could not apply for JRF but now the limit has been changed to 30 years. On the upper age limit, OBC / SC / ST / PWD candidates get relaxation of 5 years.
As far the Assistant Professorship is considered there is no age limit. However, all the candidates should have secured 55% marks in Master’s degree program, in which they must have studied the chosen subject. The degree program must have been passed from a recognized institute.
UGC NET 2018 Exam Date
|Issue of Notification||1st February 2018|
|Commencement of online application form||6th March 2018|
|Last date to submit the form||5th April 2018|
|Last date of fee submission through online generated Bank Challan||6th April 2018|
|Corrections in particulars of application form||4th week of April 2018 to 1st week of May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||4th week of May2018|
|Exam Date||8th July 2018|
|Availability of Answer Key & OMR Sheet||August 2018|
|Declaration of Result||October 2018|
UGC NET 2018 Application Form
- Candidates wishing to apply for UGC NET 2018 have to fill the application form online only on the official website of CBSE NET.
- The application form for July session available from the 6th March 2018.
- No application will be accepted after the last date.
- The application process will consist of four steps viz. fill the application form, upload scanned photograph and signature, pay the examination fee and print confirmation page.
- There is no need to send the printout of confirmation page to CBSE.
- CBSE will also provide the correction facility in UGC NET application form 2018 . The correction window will open for a period of 1 week.
The application fee of UGC NET 2018 varies category-wise. Application fee, once paid, is not refundable or transferable under any circumstances. Fee details are as follows:
Mode of Payment:
Application fee is payable through credit/ debit card or through e-challan. Candidates submitting the fee through e-challan have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC bank.
UGC NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
For every examination, there is a specific eligibility criteria that candidates have to fulfill, if they wish to apply for that examination. The conditions of eligibility for CBSE UGC NET 2018 is given below:
- Qualifying Examination: Master’s or equivalent degree from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must be passed in subjects like Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc.
- Minimum Marks: The percentage of marks required in qualifying examination is 55% (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD categories).
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a Master’s degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
- Relaxation: Relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying examination shall be given to Ph.D degree holders whose master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991.
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- Candidates above the age of 28 could not apply for JRF but now the limit has been changed to 30 years.
- Relaxation: 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided to OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates. Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience. Candidates possessing LL.M. degree will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
For Assistant Professor:
- Age Limit: No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Who are Exempted From Appearing CBSE UGC NET (For Assistant Professor)?
- Ph.D Degree Holders: Candidates possessing the Ph.D degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment of Assistant Professor in Universities/institutions.
- UGC/CSIR JRF Qualified Candidates: The qualified candidates of UGC/CSIR JRF examination are exempted from appearing the NET but the condition is that the examination must be passed prior to 1989.
- States Eligibility Test (SET) Candidates: The qualified candidates of SET (held prior to 1st June 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET. These candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those who have cleared the SET (1st june 2002 onwards) are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/colleges situated in the state of passing the SET.
(Aadhaar Card is mandatory to apply for UGC NET) –
In reference to notification for UGC-NET(November) 2017 published in the news papers regarding schedule of filling online application for the said examination, following is being informed:
- The use of Aadhaar for the applicants of UGC-NET(November) 2017 will result in accuracy of the applicants’ details. This will also help in ascertaining identities of the applicants at the examination centres in a convenient and hassle free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
- The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and notifications to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 permits the use of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
- Accordingly, CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the applicants of UGCNET(November) 2017, and hereby notifies the following:
- Applicants who are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in online application for UGC-NET(November) 2017 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
- Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
- The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
- The applicants from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.