CBSE UGC NET 2017 Registrations to begin anytime, golden opportunity as UGC contemplates salary hike
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Registrations to begin from next week, Central Government to increase salaries of higher education teachers.
Sources have confirmed that the Central Government is planning to give a considerable hike to the professors as well as the Assistant Professors of UGC regcognized institutes. Accordingly, if the suggested increase is implemented, the two professions would not only be respected but also rather lucrative for the young generation. As per reports, around 8 lakh teachers and staff in state-run institutions will be benefited from this move. RELATED NEWS: BREAKING NEWS : UGC NET Eligibility Criteria Changes
The panel’s recommendation of Union Grant Commission (UGC) for the hike of salaries of the Professors and support staff of Government colleges is likely to be accepted. As per sources, the hike is expected to be in the range of 22 to 28 per cent. New pay scale for UGC NET qualified teachers is expected to be as follows.
Details of salary hike
- According to the proposal, an entry pay of the assistance professor would hike up by Rs 10,396 with a grade pay of Rs 6,000. The salary of an associate professor would hike by Rs 23,662
- For that of a Vice Chancellor, the entry pay which us currently at Rs 1,75,200, will increase by Rs 49,800 according to the proposal.
In the year 2006, the last pay hike was done. Under the decision of UGC, all the other teachers of Indian Institute of Technology, National Institute of Technology, and other state-funded institutions will be benefitted.
CBSE will conduct UGC NET 2017 on 5 November, instead of 19 November.
The next CBSE UGC NET 2017 will be held in November. Official update has been released and online registration will begin on 1 August 2017.
The next CBSE UGC NET 2017 will be held in November. Official update has been released and online registration will begin on 1 August 2017. ‘It is notified that CBSE will conduct the next UGC-NET for Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor on 19th November, 2017 (Sunday),’ reads the official update. Detailed notification will be released on 24 July 2017. Candidates can access the same at cbsenet.nic.in. Online application submission link will open on 1 August 2017. Candidates can submit their applications till 30 August 2017. READ MORE : UGC Change Rules : Tweaks Quota To Set Level NET Playing Field.
UGC NET July 2017 Important Dates
Take a look at the important dates of UGC NET July 2017.
- UGC NET July 2017, Notification Date : 24th July 2017
- Start Date of UGC NET July 2017 : 1 August 2017
- Last Week of UGC NET July 2017 : 30 August 2017
- Fee Can Be Paid Up to : 31 August 2017
- Date of UGC NET July 2017 examination : 05 November 2017
- Maximum age limit UGC NET July 2017 : 28 years (for JRF)
- Max. Age limit for Asst. Prof. : No Upper Age limit for UGC NET July 2017
Also Read: No NET, No PhD Admission: UGC Draft Regulation
CBSE declared UGC NET result for the January exam on 29 May 2017. Let alone delay in result declaration, CBSE UGC NET January 2017 was marred with controversy as well. CBI had registered FIR in NET answer sheet scam; on the other hand the Board’s decision of conducting the exam, which is the most important for those aspiring for JRF and Assistant Professor post, only once a year was not accepted well by many aspirants.
UGC NET 2017 Application Fee
- The Application fee is payable through credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- The fee through e-challan will be paid in cash to Canara/ICICI/ Syndicate /HDFC bank.
UGC NET Online Application Form | How to Apply Successfully?
Eduncle has come up with the step-by-step approach and guidelines to help you fill the UGC NET Online application form 2017.
Please follow the steps given below –
Step-I: Registration and Login Procedure
The aspirants will have to click on the following link to switch to the login and registration page.
The candidates who have already registered for the exam may login to the website and the new users may follow the registration process as given below.
After clicking on the apply online button, candidates will be switched to the instruction page where they have to read all the instructions and click on the check box to agree for certain conditions.
Click on ‘Proceed to Apply Online’ button and the CBSE UGC NET Online Application Form will appear on the screen.
Step-II: Fill Personal and Educational Details
The candidates may now fill all the personal and educational details in the application form.
While filling the application form, the candidates must keep in mind that the entries should be appropriate otherwise the form will be rejected.
Candidates may fill the form as follows-
The chosen password should be 8 to 13 characters long and it should contain at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one numeric value and one character symbol.
After when the candidates have filled the application forms, they will asked to review the details if they right or wrong?
If the details are filled accurately then the candidates may proceed to upload scanned photographs.
A message containing Application Number will appear on the screen. Please Note it down.
Step-III: Upload Photographs and Signature
The candidates may now proceed to next step of uploading scanned photo and signature or other required certificates-
- The scanned images of photograph and Signature should be in jpg/jpeg format only.
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 4 kb and less than 40 kb.
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 1 kb and less than 30 kb.
- Dimension of photograph image should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (Height) only.
- Dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (Height) only.
Now preview your uploaded photo and switch to next step.
Step-IV: Payment Procedure
The candidates may either apply online or offline.
The candidates who are paying the fee via Download and Print Bank Challan on A-4 size white paper sheet in landscape formation to submit fees at any branch of specified bank.
The candidates who are paying fee via debit card/credit card or any other online mode may follow as the below procedure.
Take the print of Online Application Form (one copy), Attendance Slip (one copy) and Admit Card(one copy) on separate A-4 size papers.
The candidates are required to submit the application form online only. They don’t need to send the hard copies of their online application forms to the exam convener institute.
- Age Limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years as on 1st July 2017.
- For OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates, 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided.
- Candidates possessing M. degree will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
- Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience.
- No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- The candidates applying for CBSE NET 2017 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The appearing candidates of final year are also eligible to apply for the examination (provided they have to qualify the examination before awarding the post). These candidates must have qualified their Master’s degree within 2 years from the date of NET results.
- Those candidates will get 5% relaxation in aggregate marks whose master’s degree was completed by 19th September 1991.
- The candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Master’s only. The candidates whose post-graduate subjects are not listed in the prescribed list can appear in the related subjects.
UGC NET Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: Offline mode.
- OMR Sheet: Candidates have to mark their responses on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet.
- Papers: The test will consist of three papers.
- Type of Questions: All the papers will have objective type questions.
- Number of Paper: Total 185 questions will be asked in NET which are divided into 3 papers.
- Number of Questions: Paper-I will have 60 questions, (only 50 questions has to attempt); Paper-II will have 50 questions and Paper-III will have 75 questions.
- Medium of Paper: Choice for paper medium can be exercised at the time of filling the form. Candidate can choose the paper medium either Hindi or English.
- Subjects: The Paper-I consists of General Aptitude Questions. Paper-II and III contains questions related to the concerned subject.
- Exam Duration: Paper-1 and Paper-II will be of 11/4 hours Paper-III will be of 21/2
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry 2 marks and there is no negative marking.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Time||Exam Duration|
|I||60 questions (50 to be attempted)||100||09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M.||11/4 hours|
|II||50 compulsory questions||100||09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M.||11/4 hours|
|III||75 compulsory questions||150||02:00 P.M. to 04:30 P.M.||21/2 hours|
UGC NET 2017 Admit Card
- The admit card of July session will be uploaded on the website in the last week of June 2017.
- An acceptable Photo Identity Card is any one of College/Institute Identity Card, Aadhaar Card, Passport, Driving license, Pan Card, Voters Id Card, etc.
- Candidates need to bring the admit card to the test centre in addition to a Photo-Identity Card.
UGC NET 2017 Result
- The result for January session will be declared in the month of December 2017 and will be announce online on the official website of CBSE NET.
- Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and date of birth.
UGC NET 2017 Answer Key
- The exam conducting authority will release the UGC NET answer key 2017, after the successful conduct of examination.
- In the second week of September 2017, the answer key for January session is expected to be published.
- Candidates also have the opportunity to challenge the OMR Sheet/answer key.
- For challenging each question, the authority will charge Rs. 1000/-.
- The fee will be refunded, if the challenge is accepted.
- The result will be prepared on the basis of final answer key.
Tips to Score high in UGC NET Exam Paper 1- Click here
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Cut Off
- To be considered for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor The minimum marks need to be score in paper-I, paper-II and paper-III is given below:
|Category||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|OBC-NCL/PwD/SC/ST||35 marks (35%)||35 marks (35%)||60 marks (40%)|
|General||40 marks (40%)||40 marks (40%)||75 arks (50%)|
- Subject-wise and category-wise merit list will be drawn for those candidates who will meet the cut-off scores.
- Separate merit list for JRF will be prepared from amongst 15% UGC NET qualifiers.
- Merit list will be prepared using the aggregate scores of candidates in all the three papers.
- Top 15% candidates will be declared qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor only.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Important Points
- UGC NET is the eligibility test for the post of assistant professor in Indian colleges/Universities. It is also the qualifying test for the award of Junior Research Fellowship.
- You can apply for CBSE UGC NET two times in a year i.e. in the month of January and July. The applications for UGC NET January session will open in the 3rd week of October 2017 and for July session, the application form will be available from second week of April 2017.
- A relaxation of 5 years will be provided to the candidates who have research experience in the relevant subject of their postgraduate degree. LLM degree holders will get 3 years relaxation.
- Corrections will be allowed in some particulars after the submission of application form. Candidates can make corrections in the 4th week of November 2017 tentatively..
- You need to bring one Identity proof along with the admit card.
- There will be no negative marking in CBSE UGC NET 2017.
- The maximum age limit is 28 years as on 1st January 2017 for Junior Research Fellowship. No age limit prescribed for the eligibility of assistant professor.
- You can pay the fee through credit card/debit card or e-challan.
- Candidate should have at least master’s degree from a recognized institution to be eligible for UGC NET.
- Candidates completed my post graduation in public administration can appear net exam for the subject of political science.