UGC-NET To Be Held Twice A Year Again, CBSE UGC NET July 2018 Official Notification Released. Know Important Dates & 3 Major Changes
The NET, scheduled to be held on July 8 this year, is conducted by the CBSE to select professors and JRFs.
From July this year, the UGC-National Eligibility Test (NET) will once again be conducted twice a year, and a two-paper exam will replace the earlier three-paper format. The cut-off age of candidates applying for the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) has also been revised to 30 years from 28 years. The duration of the exam will change from five-and-a-half-hours to three hours.
UGC NET 2018 Notification Released: Exam In July, Pattern Changed; Upper Age Limit For Jrf Increased
(3 Major Changes for UGC NET from 2018)
Change 1) – 2 Papers Instead of 3
The JRF and/or Assistant Professor aspirants will get a huge relief as from NET July 2018 they will be appearing for 2 papers only. Paper 1 will comprise of 50 Objective Type Questions that will carry 100 marks. All questions will be compulsory and candidates will be given 1 hour to attempt the same. The official exam time for Paper 1 is 9:30AM to 10:30AM.
- Paper 1 will be set to check the teaching/research aptitude of the candidates and will include questions based on reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness.
- Paper 2 will comprise of 100 Objective Type Questions that will carry 200 marks. All questions will be compulsory and candidates will be given 2 hours to attempt the same. The official exam time for Paper 1 is 11AM to 1PM. Paper 2 will test the proficiency and mastery of the candidates in their chosen subject.
The official notification of University Grants Commission’s (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) 2018 which was expected to be released on February 1 has been delayed by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
The board on January 8 said that the detailed notification will be available on the website cbsenet.nic.in from February 1.
Candidates will be able to fill the UGC NET JULY 2018 application form online, from cbsenet.nic.in. The last date to apply is April 05, 2018, but the payment of fee can be done until April 06, 2018. To submit the application form successfully, the candidates will first have to fill details in it and upload the scanned image of photograph and signature on it.
Meanwhile, the syllabus of the CBSE UGC NET will be revised for the first time in 10 years.
HERE’S WHAT THE OFFICIALS OF THE UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION SAID:
According to a report in Hindustan Times, officials of the University Grants Commission said, “The curriculum of NET, a countrywide examination mandatory for people eyeing teaching jobs in colleges and universities in India, will be revised for the first time in a decade.”
Further in a report, senior UGC official said, “The syllabus for the exam has stayed the same though most universities have changed their curriculum over a period of time. We need to reflect those changes. The committees will prepare the draft syllabus and submit it for approval. Once approved a decision will be taken on when to implement it.”
How to Apply UGC NET July 2018
- Candidates wishing to apply for UGC NET 2018 have to fill the application form online only on the official website of CBSE NET.
- The application form for July session available from the 6th March 2018.
- No application will be accepted after the last date.
- The application process will consist of four steps viz. fill the application form, upload scanned photograph and signature, pay the examination fee and print confirmation page.
- There is no need to send the printout of confirmation page to CBSE.
- CBSE will also provide the correction facility in UGC NET application form 2018 . The correction window will open for a period of 1 week.
The application fee of UGC NET 2018 varies category-wise. Application fee, once paid, is not refundable or transferable under any circumstances. Fee details are as follows:
Mode of Payment:
Application fee is payable through credit/ debit card or through e-challan. Candidates submitting the fee through e-challan have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC bank.
UGC NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
For every examination, there is a specific eligibility criteria that candidates have to fulfill, if they wish to apply for that examination. The conditions of eligibility for CBSE UGC NET 2018 is given below:
- Qualifying Examination: Master’s or equivalent degree from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must be passed in subjects like Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc.
- Minimum Marks: The percentage of marks required in qualifying examination is 55% (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD categories).
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a Master’s degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
- Relaxation: Relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying examination shall be given to Ph.D degree holders whose master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991.
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- Candidates above the age of 28 could not apply for JRF but now the limit has been changed to 30 years.
- Relaxation: 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided to OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates. Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience. Candidates possessing LL.M. degree will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
For Assistant Professor:
- Age Limit: No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Who are Exempted From Appearing CBSE UGC NET (For Assistant Professor)?
- Ph.D Degree Holders: Candidates possessing the Ph.D degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SELT/SET for recruitment of Assistant Professor in Universities/institutions.
- UGC/CSIR JRF Qualified Candidates: The qualified candidates of UGC/CSIR JRF examination are exempted from appearing the NET but the condition is that the examination must be passed prior to 1989.
- States Eligibility Test (SET) Candidates: The qualified candidates of SET (held prior to 1st June 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET. These candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor anywhere in India. Those who have cleared the SET (1st june 2002 onwards) are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the Universities/colleges situated in the state of passing the SET.
(Aadhaar Card is mandatory to apply for UGC NET) –
In reference to notification for UGC-NET(November) 2017 published in the news papers regarding schedule of filling online application for the said examination, following is being informed:
- The use of Aadhaar for the applicants of UGC-NET(November) 2017 will result in accuracy of the applicants’ details. This will also help in ascertaining identities of the applicants at the examination centres in a convenient and hassle free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
- The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and notifications to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 permits the use of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
- Accordingly, CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the applicants of UGCNET(November) 2017, and hereby notifies the following:
- Applicants who are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in online application for UGC-NET(November) 2017 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
- Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
- The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
- The applicants from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
UGC NET JULY 2018 Exam Date
|Issue of Notification||1st February 2018|
|Commencement of online application form||6th March 2018|
|Last date to submit the form||5th April 2018|
|Last date of fee submission through online generated Bank Challan||6th April 2018|
|Corrections in particulars of application form||4th week of April 2018 to 1st week of May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||4th week of May 2018|
|Exam Date||8th July 2018|
|Availability of Answer Key & OMR Sheet||August 2018|
|Declaration of Result||October 2018|
UGC NET NOVEMBER 2018 Exam Date
|Issue of Notification||Last week of July 2018|
|Commencement of online application form||2nd week of August 2018|
|Last date to submit the form||2nd week of September 2018|
|Last date of fee submission through online generated Bank Challan||Next day of closing Application|
|Corrections in particulars of application form||3rd week of Sept to 4th week of Sept 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||3rd week of October 2018|
|Exam Date||1st week of November 2018|
|Availability of Answer Key & OMR Sheet||1st week of December 2018|
|Declaration of Result||1st week of January 2019|