UK University Scholarships for Indian Students 2016
Now is the time that Indian students looking to study in UK should start their research as to which university to apply and what type of scholarships are available. Scholarships in UK are offered by many authorities but the key is to apply on time. Students pursuing Class XII should start their preparation in December itself so that they have the best opportunity to get scholarships in UK. Scholarships for Indian students are offered by many governments, organizations and specific universities. Below is a comprehensive list of UK scholarships for Indian students which are on offer.
APPLY – The Young India Fellowship 2016
Commonwealth UK scholarships for Indian Students, British Council IELTS scholarship and Great Scholarship are the popular ones. Apart from scholarships various grants, bursaries, fellowships, financial awards are many financial support options for indian students who wish to study on a UK course. Scholarships are also available for postgraduate students and one can –
Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship 2016
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
Courses/Field of study
The levels of study would include the following:
- Research leading to the PhD degree
- One-year post-graduate courses (e.g. MPhil, LLM, BCL, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE etc.)
- Taught and research based Masters programmes of various durations (including M. Sc., engineering, medicine)
- Second Bachelors degree as an Affiliated Student/Senior Status
- Bachelors degree programme
Number of awards
OCSI seeks to elect at least one OCSI Scholar annually (although the exact number of awards and the value of the awards may change from year to year).
- Must be a citizen of India
- Must be ordinarily resident in India
- Must be not more than 30 years of age on 1 September of the year of application for the award
The scholarships on offer this year include a grant (as below) and assistance towards securing education loans or other scholarships to meet the balance funding needs:
- One OCSI scholarship worth INR 400,000 (Rupees Four Lacs only) tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge
- One scholarship worth GBP £1,000 tenable only to read Economics at the University of Cambridge
OCSI Scholarships – Forms and Dates
- Scholarship application forms available on this website: 30 January 2016 (links given below)
- Last date for submission of application forms: 30 April 2016
- Short-listing of candidates for interview: Third week of May 2016
- Interviews: Third week of June 2016 in New Delhi
- Announcement of scholarship awards: July 2016
- Download the Application Form – Click Here
India Merit Undergraduate Scholarships 2016
Awarded by University of Sheffield
Award values: Fees coverage : Variable for 1 year 50% of the original tuition fee before any other discounts, scholarships, or rewards are applied.
- Application deadline: 24-Jun-16
- Award type: Academic excellence
- Award coverage: Tuition fees
- Award level: Undergraduate
- Number of awards: 5
- Award duration: 3 Academic years
- Nationality: India
- Gender: Both
GREAT Scholarships India 2016
The British Council is offering scholarships worth over 1.5 million pounds. With 300 scholarships on offer, it is a great opportunity for Indian students wishing to make the most of their UK education.
Students may avail these scholarships for 59 under-graduate and 231 post-graduate courses. These include Engineering, Law, Business, Art & Design, Biosciences, IT and more; at 45 UK institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. To explore a range of scholarship options download the guide today!
Download – GREAT Scholarship Guide for Indian Students
Chevening Scholarships for Indian Students 2016
Chevening Scholarships in India are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master’s at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Host Institution(s): Any university in the UK
Field(s) of study: Any subject at any UK university, but you should check your country page for priority areas.
Number of Awards: Around 1500 scholarships globally will be offered.
Target group: The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
Scholarship value/inclusions: A Chevening Scholarship normally covers tuition fees; a monthly living allowance, an economy class return airfare to and from the UK, and additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditure.
Some scholarships cover part of the cost of studying in the UK; for example, tuition fees only or allowances only. Please check the individual country pages for more details.
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
Application Download: Click Here
Commonwealth UK Scholarships and Fellowship 2016
Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study in the UK are offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
Host Institution(s): You are requested to apply for a course of study at UK universities with which the CSC has a part funding agreement.
Level and Field(s) of study: Masters (one-year courses only) or PhD Programmes in all subject areas at participating UK Universities. The CSC’s selection criteria give priority to those applications that demonstrate strong relevance to development.
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 300 of these scholarships are awarded each year.
Target group: The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Developing Commonwealth Countries.
Scholarship value/inclusions: Each Scholarship provides airfare to and from United Kingdom, tuition and examination fees, personal maintaining allowance, thesis grant (if applicable), initial arrival allowance, among others. Please see the 2016 Commonwealth Scholarship Prospectus for full scholarship benefits.
Eligibility: To apply for the awards covered in this prospectus, candidates should:
• Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
• Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
• Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2016
• By October 2016, hold a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
Application instructions: APPLY NOW