AICTE Releases Calendar After UGC, 7 Instructions to College. Know the Information of Main Instructions
UGC after (UGC) is now the All India Council for Technical Education ( AICTE ) has issued a calendar for the new academic year. In addition, 7 important guidelines have also been given to affiliated colleges / institutes.
AICTE has issued a notice in this regard . It is written that if the guidelines are not followed, action will be taken against the institute concerned as per rules.
Such is the Calendar of AICTE
- that the students are studying now, the starting date of classes for the new semester – 1 July 2020.
- Last date for cancellation of seat with refund – 25 July 2020.
- Last date for admission in various courses – 31 July 2020.
Beginning of new session classes for new students – Last date for admission in open / distance learning courses from 1 August 2020 – 15 August 2020 and 15 February 2021.
Seven Important Guidelines Issued
1. No institute will increase the admission or other fees for the academic session 2020-21.
2. If the institution wishes, according to the calendar of AICTE, it can start classes on online mode. Later, after the situation becomes normal, there can be a shift from face to face classes after the notification by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
3. If the examinations of the first year students of 2019-20 season are not taken before the lockdown, then they can be further promoted as per the guidelines issued by the UGC on 29 April 2020.
4. Due to the lockdown, many institutes / universities have not been able to do the final exam of UG courses. Provisional admission can also be given to students of such institutions. However, such students will have to provide proof of graduation by 31 December 2020.
5. Institutes located in the Red Zone or near the Coronavirus hotspots can start a new academic session, keeping in mind the situation.
6. Institutions have to take care of the safety of all students and staff from corona virus. All necessary steps will have to be taken for this.
7. The Council appeals to all institutions to come forward in fighting Kovid-19 and helping the affected families.
NOTE –These calendars and guidelines are currently issued for management institutions affiliated to AICTE. The calendar will be applicable to PGDM and PGCM (PGDM / PGCM) courses.
Click here for AICTE new session calendar and guidelines notice.