CBSE NEET UG 2016: Exercise choices and lock seats to be released by 5 pm on 26 August
All the candidates are requested to exercise choices and lock seats by today, August 26 by 5 pm on its official website, www.mcc.nic.in.
CBSE NEET UG 2016 Exercise Choices : The Counselling of NEET 2016 is schedule to be conducted in two rounds beginning from August 22, 2016 by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). To participate in NEET counselling 2016 candidates have to register themselves to the counselling portal in order to exercise their choices for MBBS and BDS programmes and colleges. Candidates can register themselves for NEET 2016 counselling from August 22 to 25, 2016. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has constituted a Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for allotment 15% All India Quota MBBS and BDS seats through centralized NEET counselling 2016. The counselling is conducted in online mode for allotment of around 3850 MBBS and BDS seats.
As per the schedule, the last date to exercise choices and lock seats is August 26, by 5 pm.
Further, the process of seat allotment will be done tomorrow, August 27.
Yesterday was the last date for main counselling registration, choice filling and indicative seat.
How to NEET UG 2016 Exercise Choices?
- Log on to the website, www.mcc.nic.in
- Click on the tab, ‘Candidates Login’
- Enter all the required details such as roll number and password
- Click to log in
- Follow the instruction given.
Also, the candidates can check the seat matrix and counselling scheme on its official website
As per the Supreme Court’s order, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has constituted a Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for allotment of 15 per cent All India quota MBBS and BDS seats through centralised counselling this year.
Further, the counselling session would be done in two rounds and the seats will be allotted to aspirants through the central quota in the first phase, while in the second phase, through state quota.
The two-phased counselling will be held in Uttar Pradesh (UP) because the Akhilesh Yadav government adopted NEET in state medical colleges unlike many states.
Earlier, the CBSE had conducted National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2016 in two phases: first phase (AIPMT) on May 1 and NEET Phase 2 on July 24.
As per the official data, around 7, 31,223 candidates had appeared for the examination.
- Exercising of choices and locking: August 26 (up to 5 pm)
- Process of Seat Allotment – Round 1 : August 27
- Declaration of result (Round 1): August 28
- Reporting at the allotted medical/dental college against Round 1: August 29 to September 3
- Exercising of choices and locking (Round 2): September 9 to September 10
- Process of seat allotment (Round 2): September 11
- Declaration of results (Round 2): September 12
- Reporting at the allotted medical/dental college against Round 2: September 13 to September 20
- Transfer of vacant seats to state quota: September 20
Important note: If any student fails to make a choice of seat, the last choices filled by him/her would be automatically locked.