CSIR UGC NET 2018 Registration Date Extended till October 17, Here’s how to apply
The last date for registration CSIR UGC NET December 2018 examination has been Extended to October 17, 2018. Earlier, last date for the registration of CSIR UGC NET, which is conducted as an academic competitive exam for Research Fellowships to bright young men and women for training in methods of research under expert guidance of faculty members or scientists working in University Departments, National Laboratories and Institutions in various fields of Science, was scheduled to end on October 15. The next UGC NET exam will be held on December 16, 2018. The registration process for CSIR UGC NET can be completed on the official website of the exam, csirhrdg.res.in.
Online registration for the exam began on September 25.
Extension of Online Application
(upto 17th October 2018 only)
September Update: CSIR NET Dec 2018 Application Form: The CSIR NET June 2018 Exam has been successfully conducted on 17th June 2018. Those who’ve appeared in the exam would be able to see their CSIR NET June Results in the month of September 2018.
The candidates who missed the opportunity of appearing in the exam can try their luck in CSIR NET Dec 2018. As per the recently released CSIR NET Notification, the exam will be held on 16th Dec 2018 and its online process would begin from the month of October 2018.
CSIR UGC NET is conducted twice a year, in June and in December. The exam will be a single paper MCQ based test.
CSIR awards JRF to candidates holding BS-4 years program/ BE/B.Tech/B. Pharma/MBBS/ Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc. or Equivalent degree/B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in integrated MS-Ph.D program with at least 55% marks for General & OBC (50% for SC/ST candidates and Persons with Disability) after qualifying the CSIR UGC NET test.
The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/ institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.
If you’re aspiring to appear for the exam, catch up the entire CSIR NET Dates here in this blog. Read the complete blog and refine your knowledge regarding the CSIR NET 2018 Exam (June & Dec).
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi organizes the Single MCQ Examination (Joint CSIR – UGC Test) for the Award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) NET and appointment for Lecturer (NET). The eligible candidates can apply Online for the examination through the CSIR, HRDG’s Website (csirhrdg.res.in). CSIR UGC NET Application form will be available from the first week of October 2018 for December examination.
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research conducts the Joint CSIR UGC NET exam for determining the eligibility for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship. The Council conducts the exam twice in a year – June and December.
In case of Lectureship, CSIR UGC NET is only an eligibility criteria and means that a candidate must qualify the exam in order to be appointed as a Lecturer.
The test will be conducted for the following subjects:
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
Exam for Life Science and Physical Science will be conducted in the morning session and the exam for Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences will be conducted in the afternoon session.
Check out latest dates out for CSIR NET 2018 Exam.
- The CSIR NET Online Application for Dec 2018 Exam would start from October 2018.
- The CSIR NET Admit Cards would be available in the 1st week of Dec 2018.
- The CSIR NET 2018 Exam Date is 16th Dec 2018.
- The candidates who have received the e-mail/SMS Alerts from CSIR must Re- upload the Photo and Signature for Application form for CSIR- NET Exam Dec 2018.
- CSIR NET Dec 2018 Result Out on March 2019
Download CSIR NET December 2018 Syllabus
CSIR NET Subjects
Links to Download Syllabus
Read the steps given below carefully and follow them while you apply CSIR Online:
- First of all please visit the official website of CSIR. (The online submission will start soon.)
- Click on the link “Apply Online”.
- CSIR Online Application Form will open.
- Fill the CSIR NET online form very carefully with all relevant details asked.
- Candidate can only make payment through ONLINE mode.
- Payment can be made by the aspirants by using Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Internet Banking by following the instruction as given on your screen.
- After successfully submitting the fee, candidates are required to take a printout of the generated e-receipt.
- Candidates will also get an auto-generated Application Number after submission of form.
- It is advised to keep a print of the application form for future use.
CSIR UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian Nationale.
Age Limit: The upper age limit prescribed for JRF should be 28 years. The candidates belonging to different categories, the relaxation will be provided to them. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.
- Candidates who have completed the four-year BS program or hold a BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/Integrated BS-MS/MBBS/BSc (Hons)/M.Sc. or equivalent degree or students enrolled in the Integrated MS-PhD program or Equivalent degree/B.Sc (Hons) with at least 55% marks for General & OBC-NCL candidates are eligible to apply (50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually handicapped candidates).
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc. or have just completed 10+2+3 years of any of the above qualifying examinations are also eligible under the Result Awaited (RA) category, however, such candidates will have to complete the qualifying degree with the requisite percentage of marks within the period of two years, In order to avail the fellowship.
- To avail the CSIR fellowship only, candidates holding a Bachelor’s degree, in Science, Engineering or any other discipline will be eligible after he/she has got himself/herself enrolled for Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. program within the given validity of 2 years.
CSIR UGC NET Application Form Fee
Candidates will have to deposit the examination fee at any branch of the Indian Bank all over the country. The amount of fee is:
- 1000/- For General category candidates
- 500/- For OBC-NCL category candidates
- 250/- For SC/ST/ Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH ) candidates
How to Choose the stream while applying?
- You can apply either for ‘JRF’ or for ‘Lectureship (LS) only’.
- You will have to indicate preference in the Online Application.
- Depending on the number of fellowships available & performance in the test, subject to the condition that they fulfill the laid down eligibility criterion, CSIR may consider candidates for ‘JRF’, or ‘Lectureship only”.
- The subject which candidate will appear for will also have to mention in the Application Form.
Important Instructions to Apply Online
- Before applying On-Line, keep the following information /codes ready; like Date of Birth, Subject name, Exam Centre, Challan details (Bank name, Branch/city name, Branch code, Journal No. challan date, Marks obtained (in relevant subject of M.Sc./Equivalent Exam based on notified Educational Eligibility Criteria) etc.)
- The candidates will have to deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank Branches spread all over India by downloading the Challan Performa.
- Before submitting the Application Form the candidates should preview the entire Application form and make changes if any. After submitting the Application Form no change will be entertained.
- Submit it within 30 min. Otherwise, Session will be expired and you’ll have to again fill-up the Application Form.
- Keep the photocopy of sides of the completed Application Form (hard copy), Certificate of Postage, Online Generated Application Number, Challan copy ( as a proof of fee deposit) and three identical copies of the passport size photographs which has been affixed on the Application Form.
- Please ensure that you fulfill all the eligibility conditions and follow all the laid down procedures/guidelines for this test, while applying for this test.
- Apply early enough to avoid any last minute rush, while applying Online.
- Completed Hard Copy of Online application along with requisite enclosures must reach this office within stipulated last date for receipt.
- List of candidates registered for this test will be made available on or before November 15, 2016.
How to fill CSIR UGC NET Application Form 2018?
Follow the simple steps given below to apply:
- Visit official website.
- Read all the necessary instruction carefully then click the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Proceed to fill up the necessary details such as Address, Name, Educational details, Exam Centre, applied for, Challan details etc.
- After filling the online application, preview the entire application form and make changes if required before final submission of online application.
- A Form Number will be generated after successful submission of Online Application.
- Preserve the Form Number for future reference and for downloading the e-Admit Card.
What to do after successful completion of Online Registration?
- The hard copy of the online application form, duly completed with requisite enclosure should be sent by Ordinary post to the mentioned address:
Deputy Secretary (Exam), Examination Unit,
Human Resource Development Group,
CSIR Complex, Opposite Institute of Hotel Management,
Library Avenue, Pusa,
New Delhi, 110012
- For candidates applying from Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Lahaul and Lakshadweep, the application form must reach to the Deputy Secretary, Examination Unit, CSIR on or before the given date.
- Apply early enough to ensure timely receipt of their applications by the Examination Unit on or before the closing date.
- CSIR shall not be responsible for any postal delay/loss in transit of the application.