GATE 2020 Application Form Released, Check application fee, other details
GATE 2020: The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, has released Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2020 Application Form).
The Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, has released Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2020 application form). The applicants can go to the official website – gate.iitd.ac.in – for application submission and details. The last date for submission of the application form without any late fee is September 24, 2019. After this date, the applicants have to pay late fee for online application submission.
The candidates should read the official notification, which is available on the official website, for details. The exam will be held next year in February. According to the notification released by IIT Delhi, the exam will be held on February 1, February 2, February 8 and February 9, 2019. The exam will be held in two shifts – morning shift and evening shift. The morning shift will be held between 9:30 am and 12:30 pm, while the evening shift exams will be held between 2:30 pm and 5:30 pm.
How to Apply for GATE 2020:
1. The candidates should go to the official website – gate.iitd.ac.in
2. They have to click on “gate online application portal click here” on the Home page
3. The candidates have to click on “register here” option
4. They have to register themselves by filling in details
5. Now, they will be able to fill in the form, and upload images and make payment
The Gate 2020 application registration procedure started September, 2, 2019, however as per the official information the same is to begin from tomorrow i.e., September 3, 2019.
The GATE qualification is required for admissions to Postgraduate Programmes (Master’s and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government scholarships/Assistantships in Engineering /Technology/Architecture/Science. The Gate score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment and by several universities in India and abroad for admissions.
NOTE: Gate 2020 score will be valid for three years from the date of announcement of results.
Gate 2020 Important Dates
- 1 GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens – Monday, 2nd September 2019
- 2 Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website) – Tuesday, 24th September 2019
- 3 Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website) – Tuesday, 1st October 2019
- 4 Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable) – Friday, 15th November 2019
- 5 Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing) – Friday, 3rd January 2020
- 6 GATE 2020 Examination – Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th February 2020)
- 7 Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal – Monday, 16th March 2020
GATE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The following candidates are eligible to appear in Gate 2020
* Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering /Technology (4 years after 10+2 or three years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
* Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course)/ Naval Architecture (four years course) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
* Bachelor’s degree holders or four-year programme in science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
* Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
* Holders of four-year integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programmes.
* Holders of five-year integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering /Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher ear of such programmes.
* Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies reconised by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE 2020 Examination Centres
Gate 2020 examination will be conducted in selected cities and towns in India as well as in six cities abroad.
GATE 2020 Examination Pattern
Examination for all the papers will Computer Based Tests (CBT).
GATE 2020 Application Fees
|Examination Centres in India||On or before
24th Sep 2019
|SC/ST/PwD/Female Candidates||Rs 750/-||Rs 1250/-|
|All other Candidates||Rs 1500/-||Rs 2000/-|
|Examination Centres outside India (all candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka & Kathmandu||US$50||US$70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$100||US$120|