The Personal Statement is designed to assist the MBA Program in assessing the framework of candidate’s apply. University for instance would want to learn is as much relevant information about exactly who you are as a person and as a professional to be able to decide on your fit for the MBA programe. In addition the Personal Statement is framed to encourage you to think about how the pursuit of an MBA fits into your long-term objectives and career plan.
The following questions would help you develop and write your personal statement.
- Why do you wish to study and this programme?
- What benefits do you expect to gain from it?
- What qualifications and experience do you possess which make you a right applicant?
- Describe your professional, academic and relevant personal background . Most importantly don’t forget your professional background which is your work experience .
- Provide an assessment of the skills and knowledge you currently have
- Embrace a statement of your long-term career objectives
- Describe the skills and knowledge you hope to acquire with an MBA that will bridge the gap between where you are and where you would want to be
The goal is to explain the University why you think an MBA is the solution to bridge the gap between where you are and where you would like to go. The process of developing the SOP will help you articulate your own career & personal reasons for seeking an MBA by making clear how an MBA will help you achieve your long-term objectives.
Organize your personal statement in which each section is outlined according the steps mentioned .
Writing a SOP
First , the student should determine their rationale in writing the statement. Usually the rationale is to convince the MBA admissions committee that you are an applicant they admit into their university. The student should show that it has the potential and motivation to succeed in the concerned field, and on the basis of work experience, that you are the kind of applicant who actually has a rationale to do well in the field.
Most importantly spend your time in stating the rationale clearly throughout the statement so that extraneous material is left out. You need to write the personal statement by keeping in mind that the admission committee is made up of faculty members who are experts in their field and they want to have an understanding of that you can think .
Determine the content of your statement and also make sure to answer any direct questions totally& properly. Analyze the Questions completely and answer all parts.
For example: What are the strengths and weaknesses in establishing and attaining objectives and working in a team? In fact this question has six sections to be answered
1) strengths in establishing objectives,
2) strengths in attaining objectives,
3) strengths in working in a team,
4) weaknesses in establishing objectives,
5) weanesses in attaining objectives and
6) weaknesses in working in a team.
Graduate schools are considering your personal statement by looking in the following:
1) Your rationale in graduate study.
2) The concentration of MBA study in which you wish to specialize. And this demands that you have an understanding of the field well enough to make such decision.
3) Long-term goal that you what to benefit out of your graduate study. And this will embrace your career objectives.
4) All your specific groundwork for study in the field. Thus this is the chance to relate your academic background with your extracurricular experience
5) Dont forget to state any disparity in your documents or scores such as a bad semester or a gap year. Particularly explain in a positive way and justify the explanation.
6) Why do you intend to enroll at this university itself demands an explanation that you have done your research about the university and provide an understanding of what special interest you.
7) Explain about your work experience , the role that you are in , what challenges you face, what duties & responsibilities are you evaluated, how well you do in the team, how motivated are you at workforce and most importantly how an MBA will bridge the gap in getting the role you aspire for.
In this statement above all the subject of the statement is you.
Decide upon your approach and the style with regards to the SOP. There is no hard and fast rule in how to write the perfect personal statement. The right statement would be the one that matches your scenario and is best for you
Communicate directly and in a straightforward manner that conveys about your academic, work & life experiences and what it means to you.
Please be clear that the personal statement should form conclusions that summarize the importance and meaning of your experiences. It should be specific and write-up your conclusions with certain situations