How to Avoid Student Visa Refusal
So you have your dream school in your mind. You’re thinking University of College London, University of Edinburgh, or University of Sheffield. But you’re an international student and you’ll need a student visa. You don’t know the first thing on how to apply for a student visa. That’s why this article is here.
If you think it’s easy to obtain a student visa in the UK, think again. Student visas can easily be refused or rejected. You can reapply again, but if you want to increase the chances of you getting an acceptance for a student visa in the UK for immigration and migration, you might think about using document translation services.
Document translation services like Tomedes are ideal for ensuring acceptance for student visas to the UK. They can guide you through the process of immigration to the UK. One of the requirements is that you can speak, read, and write in English, and document translation will ensure that your English documents are up to par. Document translation services are your one-stop shop for all your visa needs. Visit this page for more information.
Today, we’ll learn about what a student visa in the UK is, what causes student visa refusal and rejection as well as steps to avoid student visa refusal. Then we’ll show how document translation services can ensure student visa acceptance, and how to reapply for a student visa if necessary.
What Is A Student Visa?
A student visa will allow you to study in the UK throughout your course.
A student visa in the UK used to be called a Tier 4 (general) UK visa. On October 5, 2020, it was replaced by the Student Route Visa, a points-based immigration system. However, visas issued through Tier 4 are still valid.
Before you arrive in the UK, you will need to complete the application and be granted a visa. This allows you to study and perhaps work, depending on your visa. You can be granted a part-time job, work placement or internship.
Attending a pre-departure briefing may be beneficial, according to the UK British Council. You can attend a pre-departure briefing from the British Council in your home country, to find out more about student visas.
What’s the difference between Tier 4 and Student Route Visa?
- The Student Route visa is a points based system, where students will be able to apply for further permission from within the UK. They have to meet the Academic Progression requirement.
- The eight-year time limit from Tier 4 visas have been removed, and now there’s no time limit for the student visa’s validity and for which the course can be implemented.
- In the points-based system, students are required to meet a minimum of 7 points:
- Sponsorship – 50
- Financial Requirement – 10
- English Language – 10
A Student Route visa will be offered to you, once your complete your application and if you’re able to produce all the required documents. You also have to pass the interview. However, in some cases, a student’s visa application can be denied. What are the causes for visa rejection?
What Causes Student Visa Refusal?
Once a student has an acceptance to a university, their passport in the UK must be stamped with a student visa. The littlest mistakes can render student visa refusal:
- Lack of Funds: You must submit financial documents in order to be considered for the student visa. You must have in your bank account everything covering the living costs, the tuition costs, and more. Check in with your university for this amount. You must show that you have the correct amount of money for at least 28 consecutive days before you complete the visa application, and this required amount must not drop during the visa application process.
- Low Grades: A student planning to study abroad must show evidence through academic transcripts and diplomas that they are eligible to study abroad. They must show high grades as well as certificates of qualification, or their visa could be refused.
- Incomplete Documents: All documents must be complete at the time of the student visa application. This includes academic transcripts, proof of identity, financial documents, passport or travel document, and other documents depending on your university. Failing to attach an ATAS clearance certificate could be detrimental too. If these documents are incomplete, you will be penalized and your student visa might be refused.
- Incorrect or Falsified Documents: All details in the application form must be authentic and complete, but it must be backed by authentic and certified documents. If you’re going to use certified translations, this is when document translation services might come in handy, who can certify your documents. False claims and false documents will, of course, be penalized, and a cause for complete refusal.
- Unsuccessful Interview: If you can’t provide the required answers in your interview, your student visa may very well be refused.
- The Language Barrier: As a student about to study in the UK, you must have a good command of the English language, and verification’s to prove it, which include English Proficiency Tests, such as TOEFL or IELTS. Low scores in this arena may also be a cause for student visa refusal.
Tips to Avoid Student Visa Refusal
Here are a few tips to follow after student visa refusal:
- Interrogate the Reason for Student Visa Refusal – If you don’t know the reason for why your visa was refused, you may have to make corrections to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
- Email Your Refusal Notice – Contact your home office right away to notify them, with your name, student number, and a scan of your refusal notice.
- Email Your Credibility Interview Transcript – If your student visa was refused due to the credibility of your interview, you must provide a transcript of your interview.
- Apply again for the Student Visa – You must make the necessary changes, and then re-apply again.
How Document Translation Services Can Ensure Student Visa Acceptance
Document translation services can ensure visa acceptance with their thorough linguistic knowledge coupled with years of experience in this field. Document translation services such as Tomedes have experts in document translation for UK visas, specifically, as well as knowledge of two or more languages, that rightly fits your needs.
First, you must have a good knowledge of English, and document translation services can help with that. They can ensure that all your documents are translated properly and well.
Second, you must ensure that all your translations are certified. A document translator will not only translate a document but also certify it. Most schools accept both original and copies of the documents, provided that it has a certified English translation.
For University of Sheffield, for example, the translation must include:
- Date of translation
- Translator or translation company’s contact details
- Full name of the translator
- Signature of the translator, or an authorised official
- A sentence confirming it is an accurate translation of the original document
By using document translation services, you can avoid student visa refusal based on the language requirements.
It’s difficult to get accepted into your dream school, but it’s even more difficult to actually get to the UK on a student visa. That’s why using document translation services is an ideal method, to make sure your English language skills are up to par, and to ensure you avoid a student visa refusal.
Throughout the whole process, document translation services can guarantee certification for acceptance so your visa will not be refused. They can guide you through the required processes and translate your documents from any source language into English, all to make sure your documents are rightly accepted. Go with document translation services such as Tomedes today.