IBSAT (ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test) is an aptitude test conducted by the ICFAI University Group, for students seeking admission into IBS to Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) programs. Those candidates who are going to participate in the IBSAT exam they must have prepared with IBSAT Sample Papers. Candidates can download the PDF of IBSAT Previous Year Question Paper through online mode for better preparation. Here on this page we are providing you some question and answer of IBSAT which will help you in your preparation and to score good marks.
- Taking a mock exam allows you to get a feel of the exam and get an idea of how the paper is set out and designed.
- A candidate can estimate the time he or she takes to complete the paper and can accordingly plan his/her further preparation.
- It makes a candidate familiar with the paper pattern and order of the sections.
- Helps in avoiding a lot of mistakes that a candidate may commit in his/her first or second attempt.
- IBSAT mock papers and sample papers are easily available on net for practice. Just get a set and start practicing.
The syllabus for the IBSAT 2015 is based on following factors
- Quantitive aptitude
- Logical and data interpretation
- English essay.
IBSAT Solved Previous Year Question –
Ques:1 select the synonym of CANTANKEROUS
Ques:2 The length of the bridge, which a train 130 metres long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
- 200 m
- 225 m
- 245 m
- 250 m
Ques:3 The miser gazed …… at the pile of gold coins in front of him.
Ques:4 The sum of ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. What is the age of the youngest child?
- 4 years
- 8 years
- 10 years
- None of these
Ques:5 Success in this examination depends …… hard work alone.
Directions (6-9): read the paragraph and answer the following questions:
Harold a professional man who had worked in an office for many years had a fearful dream. In it, he found himself in a land where small slug-like animals with slimy tentacles lived on people’s bodies. The people tolerated the loathsome creatures because after many years they grew into elephants which then became the nation’s system of transport, carrying everyone wherever he wanted to go. Harold suddenly realised that he himself was covered with these things, and he woke up screaming. In a vivid sequence of pictures this dream dramatised for Harold what he had never been able to put in to words; he saw himself as letting society feed on his body in his early years so that it would carry him when he retired. He later threw off the “security bug” and took up freelance work.
Ques:6 In his dream Harold found the loathsome creatures
- in his village
- in his own house
- in a different land
- in his office
Ques:7 Which one of the following phrases best helps to bring out the precise meaning of ‘loathsome creatures’?
- Security bug and slimy tentacles
- Fearful dream and slug-like animals
- Slimy tentacles and slug-like animals
- slug-like animals and security bug
Ques:8 The statement that ‘he later threw off the security bug’ means that
- Harold succeeded in overcoming the need for security
- Harold stopped giving much importance to dreams
- Harold started tolerating social victimisation
- Harold killed all the bugs troubled him
Ques:9 Harold’s dream was fearful because
- it brought him face to face with reality
- it was full of vivid pictures of snakes
- he saw huge elephant in it
- in it he saw slimy creatures feeding on people’s bodies
Ques:10 In the first 10 overs of a cricket game, the run rate was only 3.2. What should be the run rate in the remaining 40 overs to reach the target of 282 runs?
Ques:11 select the antonym of HAPLESS
Ques:12 The ratio between the perimeter and the breadth of a rectangle is 5 : 1. If the area of the rectangle is 216 sq. cm, what is the length of the rectangle?
- 16 cm
- 18 cm
- 24 cm
- Data inadequate
Ques:13 A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days can A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
- 12 days
- 15 days
- 16 days
- 18 days
Ques:14 Find the correctly spelt word.
Ques:15 In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
Important Dates for IBSAT 2015 –
- BSAT 2015 Online Registration Starts: 5th August 2015
- Last Date for Online Registration: 5th December 2015
- Date of Examination IBSAT 2015: 15th December 2015 to 30th December 2015
- Declaration of IBSAT 2015 Result: 19th January 2016
- Selection Briefings: 30th January – 09th February 2016 (in 40 Cities)
- Selection Process MBA/PGPM Program: 18th – 26th February 2016 at IBS Hyderabad
- PhD Program: 18th – 20th March 2016 at IBS Hyderabad
Eligibility Criteria for IBSAT 2015 –
Two Year Management Program: Graduation (any discipline) with 50% and above marks (as calculated by respective University) with medium of instruction as English
All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis)
Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation have to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by31st May 2016
Applicants in their final year bachelor’s degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements (including practical examinations/viva/assignments) before 31st May 2016
The admission will remain provisional until they produce marks sheets and degree certificates establishing their eligibility; the last date for submission of proof of graduation is 1st November 2016
For any additional information, please visit ICFAI website www.ibsindia.org