IIT JAM Exam Last Ten Year Question Papers
Joint Admission Test (JAM) is a national level entrance exam which is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore (IISc) and Indian Institute of Technology (IITs). IIT JAM exam is conducted for admissions to M.Sc ,Ph.D degrees, & joint Ph.D dual degree.
To crack IIT JAM Exam one needs to have the right approach & strategy to prepare for exam, and most importantly hard-work and dedication in preparation for the IIT JAM too.
IIT JAM Exam Previous Years Question Papers with Solutions can be downloaded from the links below and after checking IIT JAM exam previous year question papers year by year the candidates would get an clear idea about the patterns and the type of questions asked in the examinations.
JAM 2016 examination will be conducted for the seven test papers, namely: Biological Sciences (BL), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics (PH). The three different patterns of questions would follow in all these respective papers:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Multiple Select Questions
- Numerical Answer Type Questions
JAM 2019 IS being organized by Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur), this time and IIT JAM will be held on February 10, 2019.
IIT Kharagpur has scheduled IIT JAM 2019 for February 10 in two sessions. The computer-based exam is conducted for admission to MSc, Joint MSc-PhD, MSc-PhD dual degree programs at the IITs and integrated PhD degree programs at IISc.
- IIT JAM Session 1 – 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- IIT JAM Session 2 – 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
To get access to JAM Exam last Ten Year Question Papers and IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers Solved with Answers PDF Free Download.
Last 5 Previous Question Papers (2014-18) with Ans Keys
- Previous Question Papers (2014-18) with Ans Keys (PHYSICS)
- Previous Question Papers (2014-18) with Ans Keys (CHEMISTRY)
- Previous Question Papers (2014-18) with Ans Keys (GEOLOGY)
- Previous Question Papers (2014-18) with Ans Keys (MATHEMATICS)
- Previous Question Papers (2014-18) with Ans Keys (BIOTECHNOLOGY)
- Previous Question Papers (2014-18) with Ans Keys (BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE)
- Previous Question Papers (2014-18) with Ans Keys (MATHEMATICAL STATISTICS)
IIT JAM 2015 Question Papers with Answer Keys
|Test Paper (Test Paper Code)||Question Paper||Answer Key|
|Biological Sciences (BL)||BL QP||BL Key|
|Biotechnology (BT)||BT QP||BT Key|
|Chemistry (CY)||CY QP||CY Key|
|Geology (GG)||GG QP||GG Key|
|Mathematics (MA)||MA QP||MA Key|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||MS QP||MS Key|
|Physics (PH)||PH QP||PH Key|
IIT JAM 2014 Question Papers
|Test Paper(Test Paper Code)||Question Paper|
|Biological Sciences (BL)||BL QP(2014)|
|Biotechnology (BT)||BT QP(2014)|
|Geology (GG)||GG QP(2014)|
|Mathematics (MA)||MA QP(2014)|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||MS QP(2014)|
IIT JAM 2013 Question Papers
|Test Paper(Test Paper Code)||Question Paper|
|Biological Sciences (BL)||BL QP(2013)|
|Biotechnology (BT)||BT QP(2013)|
|Geology (GG)||GG QP(2013)|
|Mathematics (MA)||MA QP(2013)|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||MS QP(2013)|
IIT JAM Previous Years 2005-2008 Question Papers PDF Free Download
Highlights of IIT JAM 2019
|Exam Name||Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Admission Test for M.Sc|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Purpose||Admission to M.Sc. (Two Years)
M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree
Other Post-Graduate Degree Programs at IITs
Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programs at IISc
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Exam Date||February 10, 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 55% in Bachelor’s Degree – Know more|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|IIT JAM Helpdesk||03222-282091/282095 | email@example.com|
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Dates
Given below is the updated schedule for the examination:
|Release of IIT JAM Application Form 2019||September 5, 2018|
|Last date to submit form||October 12, 2018|
|Release of IIT JAM Mock Test||January 10, 2019|
|Issue of IIT JAM Admit card||January 4, 2019|
|IIT JAM 2019 Exam Date||February 10, 2019|
|Result Declaration||March 20, 2019|
|Score Card Release||March 2019|
|Admission Form Availability||1st week of April 2019|
|Last date of verification of defective documents||May 8, 2019|
|1st admission list released||May 31, 2019|
|2nd admission list released||June 16, 2019|
|Declaration of First Admission List||June 30, 2019|
|Admission process will close on||July 5, 2019|
IIT JAM 2019 Examination Centers
|IISc Bangalore||Bengaluru,Hubli, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Palakkad, Thrissur|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Goa, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi||Delhi-NCR, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol-Durgapur, Dhanbad, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|IIT Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli,Tirunelveli ,Warangal|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Jalandhar-Phagwara, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali-Rupnagar-Fatehgarh Sahib, Moradabad, Roorkee-Muzaffarnagar|
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Pattern
- The paper pattern will be different as per the courses opted by the students.
- Exam Mode: Online i.e. computer-based mode
- Session: Two sessions, i.e. 9 AM to 12 Noon & 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Sections: the questions will be asked in three different patterns such as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT)
- No. of Papers: Total seven papers will be organized for JAM exam.
- Duration: Three hours
- Medium: English only
- No. of Questions: Total 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking only in Section A.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||30|
IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus will be divided as per the subjects & sections. It will be comprised of following subject’s topics & chapters, i.e. Biotechnology (BT), Biological Sciences (BL), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GC), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) & Physics (PH). The IIT JAM 2019 Syllabus will be prepared by the Institution from 10+2+3 level.
- Biological Sciences (BL): General Biology, Basics of Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology, Mathematical Sciences.
- Biotechnology (BT): The Biotechnology test paper comprises of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. The syllabus will be of graduation level.
- Chemistry (CY): Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry.
- Geology (GG): The Planet Earth, Geomorphology, Structural Geology, Palaeontology, Stratigraphy, Mineralogy, Petrology, Economic Geology, Applied Geology.
- Mathematics (MA): Sequences and Series of Real Numbers, Functions of Two Real Variables, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Group Theory, Linear Algebra, Real Analysis,
- Mathematical Statistics (MS): The Mathematical Statistics (MS) test paper comprises of Mathematics and Statistics. Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Matrices, Differential Equations, Statistics, Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Joint Distributions, Sampling distributions, Estimation, Testing of Hypotheses.
- Physics (PH): Mathematical Methods, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Oscillations, Waves and Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics, Simple Oscillators.