JCSIR UGC NET to be held on Dec 18: Check out paper pattern, other details
Candidates appearing for the Joint CSIR UGC NET Exam 2016 can now check the paper pattern and other details here.
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-India will be conducting the Joint CSIR UGC NET Exam 2016 on December 18, 2016.
All the candidates can fill the application form until September 17 on the official website, the link for which is www.csirhrdg.res.in
The examination will comprise of questions from the following subjects:
- Chemical Sciences
- Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
The entire question paper will comprise of three parts:
Part A: This part shall contain questions pertaining to General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles etc.
Part B: This part shall contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs).
Part C: This part shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts.
The total duration of the examination will be of 3 hours.
The examination will be conducted in two sessions:
- Morning session: 9 am to 12 pm
- Afternoon session: 2 pm to 5 pm
JCSIR UGC NET Important Dates:
- The last date to apply is September 17
- The examination will be held on December 18
JCSIR UGC NET Application
Now, candidates can fill the application form until September 17 on the official website: www.csirhrdg.res.in
However the last date for deposit of application fee will be September 16.
CSIR will conduct the Joint CSIR UGC test for awarding Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for Lecturership (NET).
JCSIR UGC NET Eligibility criteria:
- Educational qualification:
All the candidates interested in applying need to possess a Master of Science (MSc) or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS- 4 years/ Bachelor of Engineering (BE)/ Bachelor of Technology (BTech)/ BPharma/MBBS from a recognised university or institute with at least 55 per cent marks.
For more details, all the candidates can check the official notification available on the official website.
- Age limit:
For JR, the maximum age limit is 28 years, whereas for LS (NET), there is no upper age limit.
- Selection procedure:
Two separate merit lists will be prepared by the conducing organisation, one comprising the candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF – NET) and the second, of those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET).
All the candidates will be selected on the basis of written examination followed by interview round.
How to apply:
- All the candidates need to apply online at csirhrdg.res.in
- Fill in all the details in the prescribed format
- Candidates should note that after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the same
- Further, candidates need to send their application along with all the supporting documents to the Deputy Secretary (Exam), Human Resource Development Group, Examination Unit, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012.