MDL Recruitment through GATE 2019 for Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
MDL Recruitment through GATE 2019 – The application form for MDL Recruitment through GATE 2019 will be available from January 9 onwards till February 7, 2019. A public sector undertaking and India’s leading Shipbuilding company, Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) will hire graduates in Mechanical or Electrical engineering on the basis of their GATE 2019 scores.
Eligibility criteria for MDL recruitment through GATE 2019 mandates that candidates need to be Indian citizens, have qualified GATE 2019 and meet other eligibility criteria like age limit. To apply for MDL recruitment 2019, candidates have to use their GATE registration number. Candidates belonging to General/OBC categories have to pay a processing fee of Rs 300 (exemption for SC/ST/PwD candidates), at any SBI branch after downloading the bank challan. Candidates can check the detailed eligibility criteria, application procedure, selection criteria as well as important dates for the MDL Recruitment through GATE 2019 below.
GATE 2019 is conducted by IIT Madras. The exam will be held for 24 papers on February 2, 3, 9 and 10, 2019. The result of GATE 2019 will be published on March 16 and the score card will be available from March 20, 2019.
Important Dates for MDL Recruitment 2019
|Start date for downloading GATE 2019 Admit Card||January 4, 2019|
|GATE 2019||February 2, 3, 9 and 10, 2019|
|Application form of MDL Recruitment (through GATE 2019)||January 9, 2019|
|Last date to submit MDL application form||February 7, 2019|
|Last date for paying Application Fee||February 7, 2019 (during banking hours)|
|Declaration of GATE 2019 Result||March 17, 2019|
|Interview Notification Dates||May 17, 2019 (Tentative)|
Eligibility Criteria for MDL Recruitment through GATE 2019
|Nationality||Indian nationals are eligible|
|Age (as on the last day of application)||General: The upper age limit is 28 years.
OBC- NCL: The upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years.
SC/ST: The upper age limit is relexable by 5 years.
PwD: As per PwD Act/Government guidelines
· Ex- servicemen: the upper age limit is relaxable to the extent of number of years dedicated to Military service.
Note: The resultant age after deducting the service period from the actual age, the resultant age cannot be more than the prescribed age limit of 3 years.
|Qualification||· Candidates should have full-time B.E/B.Tech degree in a relevant discipline with minimum 60% marks/equivalent CGPA from a recognized University/Deemed university recognized by AICTE.
· Final year students can also apply but for final selection, they must meet the qualifying requirement of minimum 60% marks or equivalent. Additionally, they must furnish proof of their eligibility by the prescribed date.
|No Objection Certificate (NOC)||In case of candidates employed with Government/ Public Sector Undertakings, they need to produce NOC certificate issued by their employer.|
Discipline and GATE Paper details for MDL Recruitment
|Post||Graduation Discipline||GATE Paper||Vacancies|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical/ Mechanical & Industrial Engineering/ Mechanical & Production Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Production Engineering & Management /Production & Industrial Engineering||ME||4|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electrical & Instrumentation||EE||4|
MDL Recruitment Application form 2019
The application process of MDL recruitment through GATE 2019 will comprise of two steps which are given below:
- Payment of Processing Fee
- Filling and submission of MDL recruitment 2019 Application Form
Payment of Processing Fee
- Candidates have to pay the application processing fees of Rs 300 (excluding Rs 40 bank charges) at the nearest SBI branch using SBI Challan provided with the advertisement. SC/ ST/ PWD (Persons With Disability) are exempted from paying the fees. Challan format other than the one provided in the notification will not be accepted.
- The challan has three parts: Bank’s Copy, MDL’s Copy & Candidate’s Copy. Click here to download the challan (link will activated later)
- The candidate must have all these three parts while making the payment.
- After payment, the bank will be retain the Bank’ Copy, and return the other two parts (MDL’s Copy and Candidate’s Copy) of the Challan after duly filling the parts with necessary information and putting in the bank’s seal as an acknowledgement of receipt of processing fees and bank charges.
- Enter Payment Details in the Application Form: The details of remittance, including the name and code of the Bank, Journal No., has to be entered in Section 3 of the Online MDL Application Form.
- Send the ‘MDL’s Copy’ section of the Challan along with the completed application form in an envelope superscribing “Advertisement Ref. No. & Post applied for” through post or courier to the following address:
Chief Manager (HR-CR) – Executives Recruitment Section, 02nd Floor, Mazdock House, Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited, Dockyard Road, Mumbai – 400010
Note: The envelope should reach CM (HR-CR) on or before the last date.
Filling and Submission of MDL Recruitment Application Form 2019: To fill the online application form, the candidate has to log on to the application portal of the company.
- Click on “Online Recruitment” and then choose the relevant post applied for
- The application form will include many mandatory fields like personal details and academic qualification. The candidate must properly fill these fields. There will also be a section where candidates have to enter their GATE 2019 registration number. The registration details will be available in the GATE 2019 Admit Card.
- The candidate will then have to upload photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Next, the candidate will click the Submit button. A unique registration number will be generated upon successful registration; note it down.
- A validation link will be sent to the registered email ID. Click on the link to complete the validation
- The candidate will have to take a printout of the completed MDL application form
MDL Recruitment through GATE 2019 Selection Process:
The selection of candidates will be done in three steps:
- GATE Examination: Candidates desirous of employment at MDL need to appear in GATE 2019 in the relevant discipline as mentioned in the qualifying requirements. Weightage given to GATE 2019 marks is 85 marks of a total 100.
- Personal Interview (PI): Based on GATE 2019 marks, candidates will be shortlisted for PI. To be eligible to participate in PI, candidates need to score minimum 60 marks out of 100. Weightage given to candidates is 15 marks of a total 100.
- Final Selection: Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in GATE 2019 and PI.
Grade and Pay Scale
|Grade||Pay Scale||CTC Per Annum|
|E-1||Rs. 40,000 – 1,40,000||9.6 Lakhs (approx)|
Training Period and Probation: Candidates who are finally selected will be put on probation for a period of one year. Post successful completetion of probation, posts will be confirmed.
GATE Cutoff Scores for MDL Recruitment
While GATE qualification is an important criterion for employment at MDL, candidates must also meet the GATE 2019 cutoff score determined by the company for employment. The GATE 2019 cutoff will be used to screen candidates, and is the minimum score below which no GATE qualified candidate will be considered for employment. Also, the GATE cutoff 2019 will be different for different GATE papers. So, candidates need to check the job profile and GATE cutoff criteria before applying.
Previous years’ GATE Cutoff Scores for MDL Recruitment
GATE Cutoff for MDL Recruitment 2017
GATE 2016 Cutoff Marks for MDL Recruitment
|GATE 2015 Cutoff Marks for MDL Recruitment|
Respected Source – Career360