NBCC Recruitment through GATE 2016, a Maharatna CPSE, strives to cater Civil Engineering Construction Services in numerous projects that differ in nature, complexity and geographies (home and beyond the border). Currently, NBCC is focusing in three main sectors for exceptional growth:
- PMC: Project Management Consultancy
- Real estate and infrastructure development
- EPC Contracting
National Buildings Construction Corporation Ltd (NBCC) has announced the Recruitment of Management Trainees through GATE 2016. Graduates in Civil Engineering are eligible to apply online from the last week of December 2015. Applications are now available from December 31, 2015 till January 30, 2016. Check the Eligibility Criteria and other details as given by the NBCC authorities.
Equipped with PMC as its armor, NBCC is underway several projects that include construction and management of schools, hospitals, offices, commercial and industrial properties to name a few. It turns projects into concrete settlements and aims to deliver quality in all services it has taken the responsibility to provide.
It will recruit Civil Engineers, who have appeared for GATE 2016 in the Civil Engineering paper, on the basis of GATE 2016 score and rank for the position of Management Trainee.
The online application opened in the last week of December 2015 and closed on 31st January, 2016.
We provide you with the information you need for appearing for GATE 2016 recruitment at NBCC. We wish to ease you way through the recruitment process so that you get to achieve a fulfilling and satisfying career at the esteemed Public Sector Undertaking (PSU)
Number of Vacancy:
NBCC has declared the number of candidates it looks forward to recruiting this year based on the results of Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering (GATE) 2016. Refer to the below grid to see the seats allocated, this year, to different sectors of social strata:
Well, the good news is that the number of vacancies have gone up by a notch this year with 32 seats in comparison to 27 seats in 2015
|CATEGORY||VACANCY IN 2016||VACANCY IN 2015|
|OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES (OBC)||09||06|
|SCHEDULED CASTE (SC)||04||04|
|SCHEDULED TRIBE (ST)||02||02|
Job Position hiring for: Management Trainee (Civil Engineers).
NBCC specializes in the Real estate, Infrastructure, Construction industries. It is one of the sought after PSUs where budding civil engineers gain exceptional experience, learn core business and management concepts, network extensively and are fruitfully compensated for their dedication, acumen and industrious efforts
NBCC, a Maharatna status PSU, offers the best industry-wide remuneration to its management trainees in return for their hard work, focus and sincerity. Refer to the below pay scale approach adopted by NBCC:
|DURING TRAINING/ PROBATION PERIOD||AFTER CONFIRMATION AS PERMANENT EMPLOYEE|
|Basic Pay + DA (on IDA pattern) + HRA (depending on the place where trainee has been posted)||Basic Pay + DA+ HRA + Perks(44% of Basic Pay under Cafeteria Approach)+ CPF + Medical facility for self and dependents + Gratuity + leave encashment + Performance Related Pay or Bonus (PRP)|
*DA: Dearness Allowance
*HRA: House Rent Allowance
- Candidates successful in clearing the interview and recruitment procedures will be appointed to go through training during the probation span of 1 year.
- Those who would successfully complete their training and tests will be confirmed at E1 level on the ran after post of Senior Project Executive (Civil) with a basic pay in the range of Rs. 16,400-Rs,40,500 that depends on meeting the required standard performance related or other criterion.
Note: selected and appointed candidates as Management Trainees will be made to agree to and sign a Surety Bond to ensure that they serve NBCC for at least 3 years or return Rs. 1 lakh in case they decide to resign before the end of three years of tenure.
Last week of December 2015- 31st January, 2016: candidates can fill in and submit the application on NBCC online application portal in order to appear for recruitment for the year 2016
Basic Cutoff For Applying
Although the Cutoff GATE 2016 score is usually not revealed by NBCC, we provide you wish the 2015 maximum ranked candidates hired:
|CATEGORY||ALL INDIA RANK|
NBCC will collect the GATE 2016 scores of candidates who applied for the recruitment to decide the cutoff for the current year and according to that shortlist the candidates for the selection process.
If you aspire to work in the prestigious NBCC, you must make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria- something that is a stepping stone to planning your career ahead in the organization.
- You must have pursued full-time Civil Engineering (Bachelor of Engg (B.E)/Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)).
- You must have graduated Civil Engineering from a Govt. institute or a recognized institute in India.
- You must have secured at least an aggregate of 60% or equivalent CGPA at the end of your graduation and consistently till the time of your interview (may take place before you have graduated).
- 29 Years is the upper limit for the age of candidate at the time of closing of the online application i.e. 30th January, 2016 (last date for entering the online application)
- You should have appeared for GATE 2016 as the scores for only GATE 2016 will be considered for recruitment and selection.
Refer to the table to infer the number of seats reserved for varying sectors of social strata
|CATEGORY||SEATS IN 2016||%AGE RESERVATION||SEATS IN 2015||%AGE RESERVATION|
|OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES (OBC)||09||28.12||06||22.2|
|SCHEDULED CASTE (SC)||04||12.5||04||14.8|
|SCHEDULED TRIBE (ST)||02||6.25||02||7.4|
Refer to the table below to understand the procedure for payment of Application to NBCC fee
|GENERAL||Rs. 1000/- non-refundable + service tax + service charge, Mode: debit card/ credit card/ net-banking|
|SC, ST, PWD||Exempted|
*No other mode of payment is acceptable and the fee is non-refundable in all circumstances
The Application procedure is explained in the flowchart. For additional details, constantly check the official website of NBCC Pay attention to the following Application procedure for NBCC-
1. Register for GATE 2016 for the Civil Engineering paper latest by October 8th,
2. Application form for the position of Management Trainee can be filled with the prerequisite of your GATE 2016 registration number between last week of December, 2015 and 31st January, 2016 on the official website www.nbcc.gov.in
3. Fill in the Online Application form diligently as overwriting is not permitted and manual application forms are not going to be entertained.
4. Upload the same passport sized photograph and signature as that on your GATE 2016 form. Passport sized picture should be of jpeg/jpg format with white background and not exceeding 500 kb.Signature size should not exceed 200 kb otherwise the application may be subjected to cancellation.
5. Keep checking your mailbox and do not miss telephone calls as you will be intimated about your interview through these modes once your GATE 2016 scores are declared and the cutoff has been decided by NBCC.
NOTE: 1. Passport sized photograph to be uploaded on the application form should be the same as the one uploaded on GATE 2016 application form.
- The maximum size for the passport sized photograph is 500 KB in jpeg/jpg format
- The maximum size for the signature to be uploaded is 200 KB in jpeg/jpg format
- GATE 2016: those who wish to secure a job at NBCC first have to appear for GATE 2016 as scores from previous years’ attempts will NOT be considered for current year recruitment cycle
- Selection process takes into consideration: GATE 2016 scores (70% proportion), Personal Interview and/or Group Discussion (30% proportion), and CGPA and results, and most importantly the document verification and screening procedure of the shortlisted candidates.
- Group Discussion round mainly revolves around current, socio-economic and technological events- need for sustainable construction, bullet trains in India, women empowerment etc. Candidates should be well aware of all happenings in the country and must expand their general knowledge to make the first impression the lasting one
- Personal Interview encompasses questions such as “What is your dream job”, “Why do you want to join a PSU like NBCC”, “Where do you want to take your career in the next 5 years”, “What are your strengths and weaknesses”. Candidates must familiarize themselves with the status of the company, its projects and standing in the industry. Exceptional communication skills and English proficiency will give you an edge over others so working on these parameters will take you a long way in your career at NBCC.
- You must carry the following documents for Verification at the time of Personal Interview:
- 5 Passport sized photographs same as that uploaded on the application form and GATE registration form
- Class X Marksheet, Pass Certificate
- Class XII Marksheet, Pass Certificate
- University degree/ Certificate of completion/ Marksheets of all semesters
- Photo ID proof- PAN card/Aadhar card
- Address proof- Passport/ Aadhar card