CBSE NEET 2018 Notification Out: Important Points For Applicants
Online registration for CBSE NEET 2018 will be open till 9 March 2018 (up to 23.50 hours). Candidates can deposit the exam fee of Rs. 1400 (Rs. 750 for SC/ ST / PH candidates) till 10 March 2018.
Also raising concerns are questions related to varying accounts of the introduction of upper age limit of 25 years in NEET, changes in eligibility criteria for the exam disqualifying the open school students from applying for the examination. The latest news to arrive over changes in NEET are the suggestions of Health Ministry which might make NEET qualification mandatory for students planning to study medicine abroad. Answers to all the queries would only be answered with NEET 2018 notification which is expected today, February 8, as per sources.
CBSE NEET 2018: Important Points For Applicants
- As of now the official page is unresponsive; candidates are suggested to wait for a while
- Applicants must be in the age group of 17-25 years as on the date of exam (upper age limit is 30 years for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH category).
- In order to be eligible for the exam, candidates must have passed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English with minimum 50% marks (40% marks for candidates belonging to reserved category)
- Students, who are going to appear, for the Class 12 board exam are also eligible to apply
- Aadhaar number is mandatory for NEET 2018 registration
- ‘The applicants who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the States of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these States only.’
- Candidates can deposit the fee through debit/ credit card, net banking/ UPI or e-wallets.
- From the current academic session, candidates from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats.
- This year there will be one question paper set for NEET candidates.
As reported by the New Indian Express, Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is considering the move in order to ensure only the best and deserving candidates study medicine in universities abroad. Reportedly, every year, about 6000 – 7000 students travel to countries like China and Russia every year to study medicine. The number has seen an increase after NEET was made a uniform national admissions test for MBBS and BDS courses across government and private medical colleges in the country. However, the students who come back after studying medicine are often not able to clear Medical Council of India, MCI’s licentiate examination, required to practice in India.
An official of Health Ministry, speaking with New Indian Express, said, “Only 10-15 percent of these (students studying medicine abroad) are able to clear the MCU licentiate examination every year which says a lot about the quality of students and standard of medical education their receive in other countries.” The move, would, accordingly, ensure that only the students with a basic aptitude and ability who are unable to procure a seat in the country travel to universities abroad to study medicine.
NEET 2018 online application forms are expected to be released anytime now. As per the official updates on various platforms, NEET 2018 would also be considered for admission to Ayush courses in alternative medicines.
All students are advised to note that the dates provided are not official. The last update suggested that the NEET 2018 notification would be released by January 31, 2018. This, however, did not happen. Any official updates on NEET 2018 would be uploaded on the official website of cbseneet.nic.in as well as cbse.nic.in. All students are hence advised to counter the claims of any by checking the official websites. As per sources close to the board, the NEET 2018 notification would be most definitely released within this week.
Sources have suggested that there is a temporary administrative delay in releasing the NEET 2018 notification. The notification can be released anytime this week, including even today. Officials when approached to suggest a tentative date for the release of NEET 2018 online application forms suggested to keep checking the official website. NEET 2018 would be conducted on May 6, 2018. All students are advised, however, to wait for the official notification for confirmation of the date.
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will release NEET Application Form 2018 . NEET UG 2018 Online Application Form will be launched at cbseneet.nic.in. Candidates must apply as per instructions laid down by the board. Aadhaar card is a mandatory requirement for form submission, apart from being eligible for NEET Exam 2018. Mobile number and email ID entered during registration must be candidate’s own or their parents; all official communications regarding the exam will be sent to these communication points. Applicants can download NEET UG 2018 admit card and appear in exam.
According to a recent update, ‘the Syllabus of NEET UG 2018 will be exactly same as it was for NEET(UG), 2017. There is no change in the syllabus for NEET(UG), 2018,’ as per the information mentioned on the official website. Like last year, CBSE is likely to commence the online application soon that will end in the first week of March.
Applicant must carefully enter correct details in the application form of NEET 2018. Get here complete details of NEET Application Form 2018 including preparation for filling up of application form, method of submission of application form, instructions for completing online application form, fee details and last date for submission of application form, particulars to be filled in the online application form, photograph and signature specifications.
NEET 2018 Syllabus: Download Here
NEET 2018 exam date is 6th May 2018. CBSE is conducting National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) – 2018. The board has also confirmed that there is no change in syllabus. Eligible candidates can fill and submit application form of NEET 2018 at cbseneet.nic.in. NEET 2018 is the single national level medical entrance exam for MBBS and BDS admission in academic session 2018-2019. It is compulsory for all colleges and universities approved by MCI/DCI, except AIIMS and JIPMER, to use NEET scores only for the purpose of offering admission. Get here complete details of CBSE NEET UG 2018 such as dates, attempts limit, age limit, application form, syllabus, latest news.
Important Dates of NEET 2018
CBSE has announced NEET 2018 exam date. Apart from that, key dates of result and counselling are also available. Application form dates will be available soon.
|CBSE NEET UG 2018
|Application form submission in online mode begins
|08 February 2018
|Application form submission in online mode ends
|First Week of March 2018
|Final dates for submitting the application fee
|First Week of March 2018
|Admit Card issue date
|Date of exam
|06 May 2018
|Result declaration date
|1st week of June 2018
|First round of counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI
|12 Jun 2018 – 24 Jun 2018
|Last date of joining after first round of counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI
|03 Jul 2018
|First round of state counselling
|25 Jun 2018 – 05 Jul 2018
|Last date of joining after first round of state counselling
|12 Jul 2018
|Second round of counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI
|06 Jul 2018 – 12 Jul 2018
|Last date of joining after second round of counselling for AIQ, Deemed, CI
|22 Jul 2018
|Second round of state counselling
|15 Jul 2018 – 26 Jul 2018
|Last date of joining after second round of state counselling
|03 Aug 2018
|Mop up round of counselling for state
|04 Aug 2018 – 08 Aug 2018
|Last date of joining after mop up round in state
|12 Aug 2018
|Forwarding list of students in orer of merit, equalling to ten times the number of vacant seats to the medical colleges by the counselling authority for state
|13 Aug 2018
|Mop up round of counselling for Deemed, CI
|12 Aug 2018 – 22 Aug 2018
|Last date of joining after mop up round in deemed, CI
|26 Aug 2018
|Forwarding list of students in orer of merit, equalling to ten times the number of vacant seats to the medical colleges by the counselling authority for deemed, CI
|27 Aug 2018
|Last date of joining in state
|18 Aug 2018
|Last date of joining in deemed, CI
|31 Aug 2018
CBSE NEET UG 2018 Application Form
To speak in short and brief words, the application procedure comprises basically of 4 steps. 1) Filling the form 2) Uploading the images 3) making the Payment and lastly 4) taking Print out of the Confirmation page.
Step-1 Filling the form- Application Form shall be accepted in online mode only. It shall be filled by visiting the official website at cbseneet.nic.in where candidates shall fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, qualification and domicile etc.
Step-2 Uploading Photograph/Thumb impression and Signature- Candidates shall upload the scanned images of their recently taken photograph (against a light background), signature (by candidates herself on plain white sheet) and of impression of index finger as per guidelines.
Step-3 Payment- pay the fees using online and offline mode.
|Amount paid as per last year
|UR & OBC
|SC/ST & PH).
The candidates who had applied for NEET last year, paid the sum depending on their category to which they belong. The table shows the fee amount applicable to candidates last year. It is likely that this year as well, the amount may be same. As per trends followed in the NEET, the fees is usually accepted in online mode and in offline mode as well. Applicant gets the opportunity to pay the money via debit or credit card. A lot of students also choose to make their payment through e-challan of banks.
Step-4 Confirmation Page Print- After the final step i.e payment, a full-fledged application form with all the documents uploaded and entries filled displays on your screen. This is a message to confirm that you agree to the details. You can take a print of this page for proof of details in form and that form submission is over in case any discrepancy arises later on. You should have something concrete in your hand.
Next thing that needs to be noted is that mode of submitting application form of NEET 2018 will be online only. CBSE has discontinued offline / hard copy of forms since the past few years.
How to Apply NEET UG 2018
- Visit official website of NEET UG 2018 (cbseneet.nic.in).
- Locate and click the link to apply online under online services.
- Register by filling in basic details (name, names of parents, category, DOB, Aadhaar number, gender, nationality, email ID, mobile number).
- Registration details including registration ID and password will be generated. Visit cbseneet.nic.in again and login.
- Enter all details asked in the application form of NEET 2018. This includes personal details, educational details, communication details, test center preferences and other examination preferences details. Also upload photograph and signature in specified dimensions.
- Pay application fee.
- Submit NEET Application Form 2018.
- Print confirmation page generated after successful form submission.
To understand registration process better, read registration guide. CBSE will publish NEET 2018 Registration guide either on same day of releasing online application form, or a few days after that. It will contain every step that is involved in applying for the National Eligibility Entrance Test 2018 along with images. A candidate must be thoroughly confident about being able to apply before proceeding to the application form of NEET 2018. If there is any doubt, they should ask an elder person or friend to help them. CBSE is also expected to set up common services centres of facilitation centres for the purpose of letting students from rural areas get help in online application form filling.
In following sections of this article you will get to know about details to be filled in the form.
Candidates have to provide identity details during registration.
|Indian nationals of all states
|Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrolment No. or Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre
|Indian Nationals belonging to Andhra Pradesh, Telangana or Jammu & Kashmir
|Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrolment No., Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre, Ration Card No., Bank Account No., Passport No. or No. of any Other Identity Card issued by Government.
|Foreigners / OCI / PIO
NEET Application Form 2018 Photograph and Signature Specifications
Based on the size and dimension of images required in the application form last year, expected image specifications for NEET 2018 application form are as follows.
- JPG format
- 10kb to 100kb.
- In running handwriting
- JPG format
- 3kb to 20kb.
NEET Application Form 2018 Fees – Amount, How To Pay
An application fee amount of Rs 1400 has to be remitted by General / OBC candidates, or Rs 750 by SC / ST / PH candidates. This is fee that was applicable in previous year, this year’s fee is yet to be disclosed.
In addition to application fee amount, additional charges as follows may be applicable.
- Service charges as applicable
- Processing charges as applicable
- Service tax as applicable
Highlights of NEET 2018 Application Form
- Candidates must exercise option of question paper medium wisely as it cannot be changed later.
- CBSE will allot test center as per preferences filled by candidate in application form of NEET 2018.
- Those who belong to creamy layer of OBC must select Unreserved.
- Check spellings, aadhaar / number / aadhaar enrolment number / registration number issued by CBSE facilitation number / passport number / ration card number / bank account number / other valid govt. identity card number, date of birth, address, mobile number, e-mail ID before submitting details for NEET 2018 registration.
- If application fee is being paid through debit/credit card then details of it should be kept handy.
- Confirmation page generation confirms correctness and final submission of NEET application form 2018. It is also sent to candidate’s registered email ID.
- Applicant must note down registration number after filling form.
- Application form must be submitted before last date.
- A single NEET application form must be submitted.
NEET Application Form 2018 – Details To Be Filled
- Name as per Aadhaar card
- Date of Birth as per Aadhaar card
- Gender as per Aadhaar card
- Mother’s Name as given in High School Certificate
- Father’s name as given in High School Certificate
- Self Declaration
- Aadhaar Number / Aadhaar Enrolment no. / Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre / Passport no. / Ration Card No./Bank Account No. / Any other valid Govt. Id. No.
- District of Birth
- Father’s / Guardian’s / Mother’s Occupation
- Father’s / Guardian’s / Mother’s Educational Qualifications
- Father’s / Guardian’s / Mother ’s total annual Income
- Question Paper Language
- Are you the only child of your parents
- Year of Class XII / Equivalent passed / appearing
- Percentage of marks / Grade in class X / Equivalent and XII / Equivalent
- Type of Institution of class XII / Equivalent
- Belonging to Rural / Urban area
- State to which the applicant belongs
- Qualifying examination code
- School Education Board
- Choice of Examination Centre
Respected Source – Medical.Aglasem