NEET Post-Graduate 2017 Important Dates
NEET PG 2017 New Pattern – The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2017 for Post Graduate (PG) course will be held from December 5 to 13, 2016 in the online mode and the result will released on Jan 15, 2017.
As per the official sources, the online application portal for NEET PG will open from September 26, 2016. The exam will be conducted in 86 test centers at 41 cities. Through the entrance examination, the admissions to the MD/MS PG courses in the various universities and institutes of the country will be provided. The complete details for NEET PG 2017 starting with the latest schedule, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedure, Admit Card, Results, Counselling and admissions have been given below on this page.
It is to be noted by the candidates that a separate examination will be conducted for the post graduation Dental courses i.e. NEET MDS . The registration can be done between September 26- October 31, 2016. The exam will be organised between Nov 30 to Dec 3, 2016.
Salient Features of NEET PG 2017
- Exam Name: National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (Post Graduation)
- Conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE).
Institutes exempted from NEET PG – following institutes are exempted by the NEET PG :- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi; Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh; JIPMER, Pondicherry; NIMHANS Bangalore; Sri Chitra Institute, Trivandrum. All these institutes will conduct their own exam and offer admission accordingly
NEET PG Exam Pattern 2017
In NEET PG 2017 entrance examination, there will be 300 multiple type questions. For better idea the candidates can analyse the table given below.
|Factors||NEET PG 2013||AIPGMEE 2016|
|Duration||3 hours||3 hour and 30 minutes|
|Number of Questions||240||300|
|Type of Questions||MCQ’s||MCQ’s|
Seats Covered under NEET PG 2017 –
Below are the seats covered under NEET PG 2017
- All India 50% quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Broad speecialty courses (January 2017 Admission Session).
About NEET PG 2017 :
- The NEET-PG for 2017 shall be conducted by National Board of Examinations. The details for this exam shall be announced very shortly.
- The All India Quota (Pool) for seats owned by institutions of central /state governments is 50% in case of PG seats
- Andhra Pradesh had a special status which has been continued forward after bifurcation of states of Andhra and Telangana). On account of this status, both these states will not contribute to the All India Quota 50% pool and the medical graduates of the State accordingly cannot participate in the All India Quota of NEET PG 2017.
- Jammu & Kashmir also has a special status wherein the state will not contribute to the All India Quota 50% pool and its medical graduates cannot participate in the All India Quota. However the state comes under the gambit of NEET PG 2017.
- NIMHANS may participate in NEET PG 2017. The status of this is yet not known. The reason is that it is a statutory institution created by an act of central legislature. It is not mandatory for the institute to participate in NEET PG 2017.
- It is highly likely that DNB admissions shall be through NEET-PG 2017 (for the January session) and therefore the DNB-CET may not be held.
- AIIMS PG and JIPMER PG as well as PGIMER are the exemptions from NEET PG 2017.
NEET PG Important Dates 2017
It is vital that candidates keep track of the crucial dates for the NEET PG 2017 to avoid missing any deadlines and apply on time. The table below lists out the important dates pertaining to the NEET PG 2017 exam.
|Release of information brochure||September 26, 2016|
|Online registration begins in||September 26, 2016|
|last date for the Online registration||October 31, 2016|
|Admit card will be generated||To be notified|
|NEET PG 2017 will be held from||December 5 to 13, 2016|
|Announcement of result||January 15, 2017|
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2017
Before applying for NEET PG 2017, it is mandatory that all candidates check the eligibility criteria prescribed by the authorities for NEET PG 2017. The criteria relates to the academic qualifications, nationality, age limits and more. Candidates must fulfill the given criteria below.
- All Candidates must hold a MBBS degree, from a recognized national or international medical institute that is included in the Schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- All Candidates must have completed the mandatory internship. They must also have acquired permanent registration from Medical Counseling of India (MCI) or the respective State Medical Council (SMC).
- Candidates who are still completing their internship are eligible to apply but only if they complete their internship by March 31, 2017 else they will be ineligible.
Candidates will be considered ineligible if:-
- They have studied medicine from an institute which is not recognized by MCI.
- They have not completed the internship.
- They are not registered with MCI or the respective SMC.
- Their NEET PG 2017 application from is not in the prescribed format and submitted on time.
NEET PG 2017 Application Procedure
The application form of the NEET PG 2017 will be issued in the online mode on September 26, 2016. The complete information on how to fill the application form, fee etc is provided below in the detail.
NEET PG 2017 Application Fee:
|Category of Students||Amount|
|General/ OBC Applicants||Rs 3750/-|
|SC/ST/PWD candidates||Rs 2750/-|
Procedure to Fill the NEET PG 2017 Application Form:
Step 1- Candidates must create their profile:
- They must enter their Name as it appears on their MBBS Degree.
- Next they must enter their Email ID.
- They must create a Username for their profile.
- They must enter a password for their profile.
- They must also enter a secret question that will be used to retrieve the password, username if candidates forget the same.
Specifications for the Username and Password:
|1||Username||Must be a combination of alphanumeric characters.
Must not contain spaces or special characters
Maximum length allowed is 50 characters
|2||Password||Must be between 7 to 20 characters.
Must contain at least one alpha and one numerical character.
Candidates must thereafter enter the additional contact information as follows:
- Primary telephone number: Candidates are advised to give their mobile numbers to receive the NEET PG 2017 related messages and SMS.
- Secondary telephone number: Candidates must enter either a landline or another mobile number. Incase of a landline number, candidates must also enter the Area Code /STD Code
- Postal Address
Step 2 – Filling the NEET PG 2017 Application Form:
Candidates must enter the following details
- Personal Information like Gender, Nationality, Category as per central list, Category as per domicile state list and Date of Birth.
- Preference to join an institute/hospital of Armed Forces
- Domicile State
- Educational Background
- Total aggregate marks obtained in MBBS examination.
- Information on MBBS, completion date for internship (internship completion date must be on or before 31 March 2017)
Candidates are required to save the information. Thereafter a copy of their NEET PG 2017 application form will be emailed within 24 hours to the email address specified by them.
Step 3 – Choosing the NEET PG Exam Centre 2017: Candidates are required to choose the exam centre from the given list. Candidates must note that the choice of exam centres is real time as candidates will be able to book on first come first serve basis. Dates in blue mean that the slots are available. Candidates have to enter their choice and confirm the same.
NEET PG 2017 Admit Card:
After candidates fill their NEET PG Application Form 2017 and book their Exam slots, the NEET PG 2017 Admit Card along with the Application Details will be emailed to the registered Email ID of the candidates withing 24 hours of booking the exam slot.
Candidates must print the NEET PG 2017 Admit Card and paste a recent colour photograph in the space provided for the purpose. This should be attested by a gazetted officer.
Important: Candidates must carry a valid Photo ID along with the NEET PG Admit card 2017 to the exam hall. The Photo ID must be valid and can be any of the following:
- PAN Card,
- Voter’s ID,
- Driving License,
- Aadhar Card
- MCI / State Medical Council registration certificate bearing the candidate’s photograph
NEET PG Syllabus 2017
Since NEET PG 2017 has been announced , the candidates can check the complete syllabus of NEET PG 2017. Also, the weightage of the subject is being elaborated in the table below.
|S. No.||Subject||Subject wise weightage of the questions|
|8.||Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|9.||Medicine Dermatology & Venereology||37|
|10.||Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics and Anaesthesia||46|
|11.||Radio diagnosis and Radiotherapy||12 (6+6)|
|12.||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
For the better analysis the syllabus of AIPGMEE exams and the NEET PG 2013 is compared in the table below.
|Subjects||Weightage in NEET 2013||Weightage in AIPGMEE|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||–||25|
|SPM, Statistics & Biomedical Research||20|
|Medicine Dermatology and Venereology||–||37|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics and Anesthesia||46|
|Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy||–||12 (6+6)|
|Obstetrics & Gynecology||20||25|
NEET PG Cutoff 2017
Cutoffs are the minimum scores that are used to screen the admissions of the candidates to the various PG medical courses across the country. To give candidates an idea of the cutoffs, the NEET 2016 cutoff percentile has been listed below:
For the better idea of the candidate the cutoff list of all the categories of AIPGMEE 2016 is being provided here.
|S. No.||Category||Cutoff Marks|
NEET PG Result 2017
The NEET PG Result 2017 will be announced tentatively in January 2017 for all the candidates who will appear for the examination. However, candidates who will secure the minimum qualifying marks will be declared qualified and will be eligible for admissions to the PG medical programmes across the country. The NEET PG 2017 Result will be announced online and candidates will have to download the NEET PG 2017 Rank Card after it is announced.
NEET PG 2017 Counselling
- The MCI will conduct the NEET PG Counselling 2017 based on the scores obtained in NEET PG 2017.
- The All India Quota for the seats is 50% and candidates who have qualified for the same will have to apply for it.
- Candidates will have to fill their choice of courses and colleges while applying.
- Seat allotment will be based on their NEET PG 2017 scores and the choices filled in as per the available vacancies for the same.