NEET PG 2018 Result – Rank, Cut Off, Merit List
NEET PG 2018 Result will be declared on January 31, 2018, by NBE. The result for NEET PG 2018 shall be available in pdf format at the official website of NBE, nbe.edu.in. The Result will indicate the rank obtained in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduation. NBE only conducts the exam, declares the result and provides rank of each candidate to MOHFW and state governments which further look into counseling and admission process. In order to be eligible for admission to any PG Course, the candidate must obtain minimum marks corresponding to cut off percentile. The rank obtained as per the NEET PG Result 2018 is valid only for the current academic session. READ MORE: NEET PG Answer Key 2018 Updates, NEET PG Solution Key 2018 With Question Paper
Admission to MD / MS / PG Diploma programmes in academic session 2018-2019 is on basis of NEET PG 2018 Result. The ranks provided in scorecard include NEET PG 2018 rank which is an overall merit position, All India 50% quota rank for admission to all India 50% quota, and All India 50% quota category rank which is for SC / ST / OBC candidates. Get here complete details regarding NEET PG 2018 Result.
NEET PG 2018 Result
The result for NEET PG 2018 will be valid for only the current academic session, i.e., 2018. Note the important dates for declaration of NEET PG 2018 Result and exam from here.
|NEET PG 2018 exam date
|07 Jan 2018
|Declaration of NEET PG 2018 Result with rank
|By 31 Jan 2018
Result: The candidate will be able to check the NEET PG Result 2018 at nbe.edu.in.
How to check NEET PG Result 2018?
Candidates who will appear for the entrance exam can check their result by simply following the instructions as given below:
- Firstly, candidates need to click on the direct link which will be given on this page as soon as the result is available.
- The result for NEET PG 2018 shall be available in pdf format.
How to download the NEET PG 2018 Score Card?
The candidate can download the scorecard for NEET PG 2018 by following the instructions below:
- To download the NEET PG 2018 Score Card, click on the link which will be given on this page.
- Next, candidates need to enter details such as Testing ID, Date of Birth, etc and submit the details.
- On submitting the details, the candidate can download and take a print out of the score card of NEET PG 2018.
NEET PG 2018 Cut Off
In order to be eligible for admission to any postgraduate course in a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain cut off marks as laid down by NBE. The cutoff marks to be obtained by the candidate to qualify NEET PG is as follows:
|SC / ST / OBC (including PWD of these)
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks, the merit position will be determined as per the order given below:
- The candidate who has more number of correct answers is placed in a higher position in merit.
- If the tie persists then the aggregate percentage score of all MBBS professional exam is considered. Here the one with higher percentage gets a better merit position/rank.
- Again if the tie remains then the date of birth of candidate is considered. Here the older candidate gets the better rank.
NEET PG 2018 Merit Lists
There are three types of ranks you come across in NEET PG 2018 Result. They are:
- NEET PG 2018 Rank – This shows the overall merit position among all those who appeared in the exam.
- NEET PG 2018 All India 50% Quota Rank – This is overall merit position among those who are competing for 50% All India quota seats.
- NEET PG 2018 All India 50% Quota Category Rank – This is rank of above in that particular category.
Result for All India 50% Quota Seats
Candidates can download mark sheet cum result certificate for NEET PG 2018 for All India 50% Quota from nbe.edu.in once result releases. This result is available for those who are eligible in All India PG counselling 2018 by satisfying eligibility criteria set by MCI, DGHS, MOHFW.
Please note that it may so happen that you are eligible for admission to PG Medical courses in terms of percentile cut off shown above, but are not in the list of candidates eligible for AIQ counselling. In this case you may however be eligible be State quota seats.
Also note that if you get marks below the cut off percentile then you will not get any merit rank.
State counselling authority fills state quota seats in All Medical Institutions in a State and seats in institutions established by State Govt., Universities established by an Act of State/Union Territory Legislature, Municipal Bodies Trust, Society, Company or Minority Institutions using NEET PG 2018 Result. There is no other entrance exam.
NBE provides data of candidates along with their marks of NEET PG 2018 to counselling authorities of the state. NBE does not check eligibility, reservation of state while doing so. These are verified by state authorities. State then determines and publishes State quota rank, state category rank, benefit for In-service candidates, rural posting (if applicable).
Again, NBE does not publish state wise merit lists. State wise merit list of NEET PG 2018 is issued by that state. Therefore if you are participating in state admission, check specific authority website to know more about it.
Admission to Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions
You must have opted for PG Courses in Armed Forced Medical Services Institutions at time of filling application form of NEET PG 2018.
AFMS releases separate notification with instructions for MD / MS / DMM admission at MCC website. Those who want to get admission in Armed Forces Medical Services institutions must check them separately and apply.
Percentile vs Percentage
- Percentile rank shows how well one did in comparison to all test takers. In percentile, you do not get marks of exam. Instead it indicates merit position among number of candidates that also took the test.
- Percentile Rank usually goes on to clarify interpretation of marks in a standardized test. For example, a test mark that is greater than or equal to 80% of the marks of candidates taking the test is said to be at the 80th percentile, where 80 is the percentile rank.
- A percentage on the other hand is simple calculation on marks. Percentage means that percentage (out of 100) are correct.
DNB Broad Specialty January 2018 Admission
Result in respect of candidates who have opted for DNB Broad Specialty January 2018 admission will also be declared by January 31, 2018 at nbe.edu.in and cet.natboard.edu.in. NBE will look into seat allotment on basis of NEET PG 2018 marks. There is a separate information bulletin for DNB Broad Specialty January 2018.
Respected Source – Medical.Aglasem