Good news for medical aspirants! NEET PG and NEET SS cut off percentile reduced by 15%
The move to reduce qualifying marks for postgraduate and super-speciality medical course has been taken for the second year in a row.
The decision is likely to benefit about 18,000 students as this will improve their chances of filling up postgraduate seats and minimizing wastage of seats, the government said in a statement. “This is a significant step towards strengthening the medical sector and indicates the priority given by the government to the health sector,” said Union Health and Family Welfare Minister JP Nadda, following the decision.
“We are making sure that there is adequate manpower for providing quality health services.”
As per existing regulations, for admission in any postgraduate course, it’s necessary for a candidate to obtain a minimum of marks at 50th percentile in NEET PG, while students belonging to reserved categories need to secure minimum marks at the 40th percentile.
Persons with disabilities, on the other hand, have to secure marks at the 45th percentile.
Officials said that the National Board of Examination had conducted NEET-PG 2018 on January 7, 2018, and the results of the same were declared by January 31. This year, NEET-SS will be conducted by the NBE in the first week of July 2018 as a computer-based test on a single day.
Last year, the government had reduced the cut-off percentile by 7.5 to fill up vacant postgraduate and super-speciality seats.
More about NEET PG:
For admission to the current academic year, the National Board of Examination (NBE) had conducted NEET-PG 2018 on January 7, 2018 and the results of the same were declared by January 31. NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section 10 (D) of Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. It is a single window entrance examination for PG courses.
More about NEET SS:
This year, NEET-SS will be conducted by National Board of Examination (NBE) in the first week of July 2018 as a computer-based test on a single day. Under NEET SS, a candidate can choose a maximum of two super speciality courses for which his/her broad speciality qualification is eligible, at the time of online submission of the application form. NBE may club certain super specialities in which the number of seats offered are less.
Examination Pattern: 40 per cent of the questions shall be from all the eligible feeder broad speciality course(s) and the remaining 60 per cent shall be from the super speciality course selected by the candidate at the time online submission of application form.
Respected Source – newindianexpress