Expert Revision Strategy to help you excel in JEE Advanced!
JEE Main and JEE Advanced are the two gateways that students need to cross in order to enter the elite IITs.Only the top 150000 rankers of JEE Main are eligible to sit for JEE Advanced, which is the final gateway to the premier institute.The road to the IITs is not very simple. Even after covering the entire syllabus and studying for 24 hours a day, students fail in getting through because they fail to prepare meticulously.
It is important to adopt the correct strategy in the right direction in order to be successful in such national level entrances. Hard workno doubt is extremely important but one cannot think of qualifying such entrances without acting smartly. We list below some of the tips which can help candidates in scoring maximum marks:
- Aspirants are advised to carefully analyze the paper pattern and the syllabus of JEE Advanced. It is important to check the weightage of the topics before beginning with your revision.
- After the analysis, prepare a time-table of the topics you intend to cover.
- NCERT books are extremely important. Students must cover the entire syllabus from the NCERTs and then consult other reference books.
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are equally important and hence aspirants must focus on all three.
- This is the right time to revisit your revision notes or flash cards so that you don’t miss out the important facts.
- Solving previous year papers of JEE Advanced is extremely important. They help in knowing your weak areas so that you can work on them further.
- Make your daily time-table and try to study at least two subjects daily. It is important to adhere to the time table to be able to complete the syllabus in the stipulated time.
- Consulting too many books will just lead to confusion.Hence students are advised to stick to just two or three books. However, numerical may be practiced from several books.
- Students are advised to prepare the entire syllabus since the examiner might pick up question form any topic. Some of the important topics which must be revised thoroughly include:
- Chemistry: Alcohol, Phenol, Ether, Redox Reactions, Chemical Bonding, General Organic chemistry, Coordination Compounds, s-block and p-block elements, Aldehyde Ketone, Solutions, Solid State and Chemical Thermodynamics.
- Physics: Electrostatics, Heat & Thermodynamics, Wave Optics,Rotational Motion, Wave Motion, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism, Laws of Motion, Ray Optics, Simple Harmonic Motion,.
- Mathematics: Circles, Definite Integration, Theory of Equations, Vectors, Complex Numbers, Probability, Three-Dimensional Geometry, Sequences & Series, Matrices & Determinants, Applications of Derivatives.
- It is extremely important to master the theoretical concepts because only those with clear basics can tackle the all sorts of numerical with ease.
- Once you have worked sufficiently well on all the three domains, you must work harder on your strongest portion. Like, if you are fond of mathematics, then try to hone up your skills so that you can attempt almost all questions of this section.
- It is important to have a very good speed as students often fail to attempt the whole paper due to lack of time. This can prove to be quite risky as every mark counts.
- As soon as you cover a particular topic, attempt maximum possible questions based on it. Like, after completing Organic Chemistry, attempt as many questions as possible based on it.
- Cramming of concepts will only create trouble. Hence students are advised to understand the concepts.
- Take frequent breaks and don’t cut down your social life. Practice some meditation or yoga exercises to regain the lost energy.
- Attempting several mock tests is a must.it helps in identifying the weak areas.
- Try your level best and be confident about your performance.