Scholarships for Engineering Students in India 2017
In India there are a lot of government and private scholarships for engineering students. Engineering students applying in 2017 should be aware about the scholarships and choose to study the degree course in the engineering college that they want to and not settle for another one which has low tuition fees. One can go through the online scholarships for engineering students to find the available best scholarships for engineering students.
If you experience difficulty in getting engineering scholarships, you can visit this site to get engineering homework help from a team of assignment helpers.
Engineering courses in India are the most in demand and to support the worthy candidates to pursue the engineering courses at their dream institutions, there are a lot of private scholarships for engineering students 2017 and best scholarship schemes for engineering students. Details of the scholarship for engineering students 2017 in India that offer best scholarship schemes for engineering students are provided below.
Scholarships for Engineering Students in India 2017-18 are –
1. L&T Build India Scholarship 2017
Name of the Organization to provide this scholarship is Larsen & Toubro Limited that is the world famous company to do various activities including such type of assistance to development the education.
- Name of the Course: M.Tech in Construction Technology & management IT
- Age Criteria: Candidates’ age should not be more than 23 years as on 1st July 2017 to be eligible to apply.
- Academic Records: Candidates must have done engineering in Civil or Mechanical or Engineering with aggregate 65% from a recognized Indian University/ Institute.
- The procedure of Selection: Candidates’ selection is based on written test and interview that will be conducted by IIT Delhi/ Madras. Final selection is based on Medical Fitness and it is mandatory to get a scholarship.
- Scholarship Duration: Larsen & Toubro Limited will provide Rs. 9000/- per month for 2 years course to intelligent candidates.
How to Apply:
- Ambitious and qualified aspirants must fill the Application Form online for the Build-India Scholarship.
- On the career page of the site, www.lntecc.com get the form.
- Within 10 days, you will have to send the application form, giving exact and complete information.
- Duly filled form must be reached at below-shown address before the last date:
- Start Date of Online Application: November 2017
- Last Date of Online Application: December 2017
2. NIIT scholarships for its GNIIT programs 2017
- Scholarships are upto Rs. 60, 000/-
- Applicants enrolling for career programmes – GNIIT/GNIIT Series/Diploma/PGP are entitled to an assured scholarship.
- Applicants need to have secured an aggregate of 60% or more in class XII.
- Applicants should have basic communication skills and command over English language.
- Scholarships are applicable to class XII pass outs/B.A/B.Com/B.Sc/B.Tech students with more than 60% marks.
How to Apply:
- Candidate fulfilling the eligibility criteria and looking forward to avail the scholarship can apply online.
- They can fill in the form details specified on the institute’s website.
- Important Dates:
End-date of delivery of Application Form Sep 2017
Day of Examination Sep 2017
3. NTPC Scholarship 2017
NTPC Scholarship 2017 Application Forms are about to release by NTPC for 2017 Scheme for Engineering Students.
This assistance is valid for both degree and diploma regular courses. NTPC Ltd a premier Public Sector Enterprise in Power sector publishes the notification for scholarship scheme for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and physically handicapped (PH) students who are pursuing full time Diploma course in Engineering in College/ Institution. Interested candidates must grab the opportunity.
NTPC Scholarship Scheme for Engineering Students India
- Distributer of Scholarship: NTPC
- Course Name: Diploma course in Engineering
- Category to whom Scholarship will be provided: SC/ ST/ PH
- Eligibility Conditions: Scholarship is being provided for the year 2017 as disclosed by organization.
- Education: Candidates in 2nd year of Diploma of engineering can only apply for the scholarship.
- Amount to be dispatched: In Second year of diploma,scholarship of Rs 1,000 per month will be given every year.
- After receipt the forms online and offline, short listing process will be started.
- Good marks students’ forms will be selected.
- It may be written exam for this.
- So prepare well for your chance of success to get scholarship.
Way to Apply for NTPC Scholarship:
- Willing and qualified candidates can only download the prefix format of application of this scholarship program from theofficial website of NTPC that is www.ntpc.co.in.
- Now read the instructions related to form or new conditions of eligibilities.
- Fill all the columns of the form.
- Send your duly filled application form with attested copies through the Head of the Institute/ College of all the necessary documents attached with it and sent it addressed to displayed below:
AGM (HR), NTPC Limited, Eastern Region-I Headquarters, 2nd Floor, LNJP Bhawan, Dak Bunglow Chowk, Patna-800001.
4. IOCL Scholarship 2017
- Indian Oil offers scholarship known as IOCL Scholarship to students of Class 10, ITI , Engineering, M.B.B.S & MBA Courses.
- India Oil will awards 2600 scholarships on merit-cum-mean basis.
- There would be no separate test for awarding the IOCL scholarship.
- The students who are selected for the scholarship will receive Rs. 1000 per month if the students are in Class 11/ ITI and Rs. 3000 per month in case the students are pursuing professional course.
- Indian Oil also offer Sports scholarship to upcoming sports persons
The Information and Dates mentiond are tentative, the information will be updates as soon as it is updated by IOCL.
5. MOMA Scholarship 2017 – Merit Cum Means Scholarships
The notification for MOMA Scholarship for minority students has released. Students belonging to minority communities like Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain or Parsi studying in India can apply for Merit cum Means Scholarship 2017-18. Students can apply online application at official site www.scholarships.gov.in before the last dates. We have given the instructions to apply online Merit Cum Means scholarship Fresh application form for fresher candidates and MCM scholarship renewal online apply for renewal candidates with last dates. The students who are studying UG and PG courses can apply for Merit cum Means Scholarship 2017.
Information about Scholarships:
- From this Scholarship Programme near about 30% of scholarships are reserved for girls.
- MOMA Scholarships are provided especially for those States, where population of minorities is high.
- This scheme is approved by the state government or the UT administration.
- Every year about 20,000 minority communities students are awarded under this scholarships Scheme throughout the country.
- Academic qualification: Students who are going to apply for this they must have minimum 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- Family Annual Income: The annual income from all sources of the student’s parents or guardian should not be more than Rs. 2 -/ lakh.
- The Scholarships to be provided in the ascending order from lowest order from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families.
- Scholarship is provided to only 2 students from each family.
Reservation for Girls Students: 30% of scholarship will be remarked for girl students.
The last date to apply for merit cum means scholarship is 30th September for fresh scholarships and15thNovember for renewal scholarships.
Instruction to apply for MOMA Scholarship:-
- First candidates need to visit official website through Online Application forms
- Then complete the Registration of MOMA Scholarships forms.
- The student must submit their applications form to the state which he/ she belong to and not to the state where the institution where he/she is studying is located.
6. ONGC Scholarship 2017 for SC/ST Students
- ONGC Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited) an Indian multinational oil & gas company has come up with scholarships for SC/ST students pursuing professional courses across the nation.
- Total 500 ONGC scholarships worth Rs. 48,000 each will be given annually and these scholarships can be availed only by the students pursuing professional courses in Engineering & Medical stream and Master Degree Courses in Business Administration, Geology and Geophysics.
- Reservation for girls in ONGC Scholarship: 50% of the ONGC scholarship is reserved for girl students which is an initiative to promote girls’ education and to provide them with better career opportunities.
- Last date to submit the scholarship form for ONGC Scholarship is November 15, 2017
- Student pursuing full time/regular courses(4 years course only) can apply to the ONGC Scholarship
- Applicants pursuing 1st year of Master degree (two years course only) in Geology/Geophysics or MBA.
- Students pursuing 1st year Engineering or MBBS course
- College / Institution / University should be recognized by ISC/CBSE/ MCI / AICTE/ UGC / Association of Indian universities / State Education Boards/State Government / Central Government
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: Candidates applying for the scholarship should have obtained minimum 60 % marks in qualifying exams.
- Student should have secured minimum 60% in Class 12 for pursuing engineering/medical course.
- Student should have secured minimum 60% of marks in graduation for pursuing master degree course.
- In case of grading system Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale should be obtained by the applicant.
Gross Annual Income of family of the applicant from all sources should not be more than 4.50 lakhs
ONGC Scholarship 2017 for SC/ST Students Rewards
- Total 500 scholarships worth Rs. 48,000 each will be given to SC/ST Students.
- Distribution of scholarships will be done zone wise.
- ONGC has divided the states into 5 Zones and each zone is allotted with 100 scholarships .
Details of ONGC Scholarship 2017
|Stream||Total no. of Scholarships||Duration of the course||Qualifying Exam||Scholarship amount per month|
|Engineering||247||4 years||10+2||Rs. 4000|
|MBBS||45||4 years||10+2||Rs. 4000|
|MBA||73||2 years||Graduation||Rs. 4000|
|Masters in Geology/
|135||2 years||Graduation||Rs. 4000|
Renewal / Continuation of ONGC Scholarship 2017
- ONGC Scholarship will be paid on an annual basis only. The continuation of scholarship once awarded is subject to the performance of the beneficiary in Annual/Semester Examinations, every year.
- Students must obtain minimum 5 points out of 10 points of CGPA/OGPA or minimum 50% marks in the Annual/Semester Examination in order to avail the scholarship for the subsequent years.
- The scholarship will be cancelled in case students fails to fulfill the respective criteria. However, scholars can make one additional attempt to pass in their exams for attaining the required percentage of marks.
- Application for continuation of scholarship in the subsequent years of study can be submitted in the prescribed format of Annexure-A.
7. LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2017
- LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2017 provides an opportunity to meritorious students of economically weaker families to pursue their higher studies.
- Students passed class 12 or its equivalent in the academic year 2017-18 are eligible for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship.
- The student should be pursuing studies in Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Diploma Course or Govt. approved vocational courses,ITI
- Under the scheme the selected candidates will receive an amount of Rs. 10,000 annually for oursuing higher studies in India in a government or private college/university.
Courses eligible for the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme
- This scholarship is available for pursuing Bachelor level course in any discipline, Medicine, Engineering, Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses/vocational courses inIndustrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centers affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) or through Government Recognized colleges.
LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2017 Rewards
Selected candidate will receive a scholarship of Rs.10,000 annually
(payable in ten monthly installments of Rs.1,000 each) for the subsequent years of his/her studies.
Renewal of the LIC Scholarship Scheme
- Selected candidates fulfilling the requisite eligibility conditions for renewal will get the scholarship for the entire duration of the course.
- For vocational courses: Candidates pursuing professional courses should score a minimum of 55% in the last academic year
For Graduation/Equivalent degree courses: Candidates studying in Bachelor level courses or equivalent grade should obtain a minimum of 50 % in the last academic year to continue with the LIC golden jubilee scholarship.