SSC CGL 2016: Know Important Points and Preparation Tips
Although the exam pattern of the exam has changed, the syllabus of the exam has remained the same.
SSC CGL 2016 Preparation Tips : The Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam, conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), will commence from August 27, 2016. According to reports, about eight lakh candidates will appear in SSC CGL exam this year. Although the exam pattern of the exam has changed, the syllabus of the exam has remained the same.
Given below are some helpful tips and last minute reminders to make sure you sail through your exam without any glitch. Read these carefully as since the exam has become computer-based and there are a lot of areas you need pay pay special attention to besides the syllabus:
1. There has been no change in the syllabus of the exam. The areas of preparation are still the same.
2. Now that the exam has become computer based, you have to be comfortable with reading from a computer screen. You must attempt online tests for the same.
3. Time management has become even more important because reading from a screen is more time consuming.
4. You need to be careful of negative marking, especially in Tier – I as well as paper – I of Tier – II exam.
5. You will have to start practicing the writing tasks that are a part of Tier – III. To score well on the descriptive paper, you will have to improve your written expression.
6. The knowledge of sentence construction and punctuation is essential for writing impressively. Further, you must be aware about current happenings in and around the world. Quite often, the topics assigned for essay writing are related to contemporary events.
7. Don’t discount your hand writing. As Tier – III will have a pen and paper mode, you must write legibly. Writing legibly is one of the basic prerequisites in any descriptive exam.