SSC JE Question Paper Download with Solution
According to official Notification SSC Junior Engineer 2016 examination will be held on 3rd to 5th December 2016 previously SSC Junior engineer Exam 2015 was schedule to held on 31st of January 2016 at various examination center all over India. The SSC JE Exam will be held to recruit suitable candidates for the post of Junior Engineer in various government organizations. Candidates shall be screened via a two tier selection process which consists of written examination and personal interview. Read the following article for complete information on the SSC JE examination, exam pattern, eligibility criteria and other such details.
The Application Process of SSC JE is underway. Candidates interested in applying for SSC JE 2016 exam will have to apply on or before November 3, 2016. The link to apply for SSC JE will become de-active after 5 PM. Therefore, the candidates should apply on or before 5 PM. Only Online Application will be entertained for SSC JE 2016 exam. The Commission will conduct an open competitive computer based examination on December 8, 9 and 12, 2016. The Admit Card of which will be available for downloading in the month of November, 2016. The Result of SSC JE Paper-I will be declared in January 2017. Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of their performance in Paper-I will be called for Paper-II. The Paper-II is a conventional type paper. The Paper-II of SSC JE 2016 will be conducted on January 19, 2017. On the basis of the performance in Paper-I and II, the candidates will be recommended by the Commission for appointment. The Final Result of SSC JE will be declared in March/April 2017. The Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Application Form, Syllabus, Result and Cutoff of SSC JE 2016 have been explained below clearly.
Important Dates Related to SSC JE 2016 – 17
|Publication of Notification||Sept 30 2016|
|Release of Online Application Form||Oct 1 2016|
|The last for submission of SSC JE Application Form||November 3, 2016|
|Release of Admit Card for Paper 1||Nov 2016|
|Exam Date for Paper 1||December 8, 9, 12 2016|
|Result of Paper 1 Exam||January 2017|
|Release of Admit Card for Paper 2||January 2017|
|Exam Date for Paper 2||January 19, 2017|
|Declaration of Final Result||March/April 2017|
Statistics showing the number of SSC JE Aspirants appeared in previous years
Large numbers of candidates appear for SSC JE exam every year. We have managed to accrue the data showing the number of candidates who have appeared for SSC JE exam during the last four years.
|Year||No of candidates appeared|
|2012||Registered – 186938
Appeared – 102145
Summary of SSC JE 2016 – 17 exam
- Exam Name: SSC Junior Engineer 2016 – 17
- Conducted by – Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Exam Level – Open Competitive Exam (All India)
- Mode of Exam – Offline
- Junior Engineer (Civil)
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying and Contract)
Participating organizations: Central Water Commission, Department of Post, CPWD and MES
Total Number of Vacancies: 1100 (Approximately)
Description of SSC JE 2016 – 17 exam
- SSC JE 2016 – 17 exams will comprise of two papers – Paper-I and II.
- SSC has dispensed off with the Interview in selection of candidates under SSC JE 2016 – 17 recruitment.
- Candidates who qualify in Paper I by securing the desired cutoff fixed by the Commission will appear for Paper-II.
- Final Selection will be made on the basis of merit in written examination (Paper-I and II) only.
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2016 – 17
Tabular Representation of Paper-I
|Papers||Mode of Examination||Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration & Timings|
|Paper-I Objective type
December 3 to 5, 2016
|Computer Based Test||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||2 Hours
Morning shift [10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon]
Afternoon Shift [2.00 PM to 4.00 PM]
|Part –A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) Or Part-B General Engineering (Electrical) Or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||100|
Paper II: Conventional Type
- Paper-II of SSC JE 2016 will be of conventional type carrying total 300 marks.
- The candidates will have to choose subjects/sections as per their area of interest in this paper.
- There will be three subjects- Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering in Paper-II.The candidates will have to appear for only one.
Tabular Representation of Paper-II
|Paper||Mode of Examination||Subject||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-II Conventional Type||Written examination||Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) OR Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)||300||2 Hours|
Important details of SSC JE Exam Pattern
Some of the important points of the exam pattern are as follows:
- The first two sections are compulsory while the candidate can choose to answer any one of the rest of three sections which are Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering. This will depend on the option specified by the candidate while filling the application form.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Paper one has a weightage of 200 marks. The sections of General Intelligence and Reasoning and General Awareness carry 50 marks each.
- The General Engineering part where the candidate can choose any one of the options of Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering is for 100 marks.
- The total time allotted to finish Paper-I is 2 hours.
- In Paper-II the candidate has to attempt only one of the three parts in General Engineering. This paper has a weightage of 300 marks and has to be attempted in the allotted time of 3 hours.
- Only those who qualify Paper-I can take Paper-II
- Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Tables and Steam Table for Paper-II only. They are not allowed to use such aids for Paper-I.
- Paper-I will consist of Objective Type Multiple Choice questions only. Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of performance in Paper –I will be called for Paper-II (Conventional Type).
- Commission will place the answer keys of Paper-I on its website after the examination. Objections and claims if any, received within the time limit specified while placing answer keys will be examined by the Commission with the help of experts, if necessary. Commission’s decision in this regard will be final.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for selection on the basis of their marks in Paper-I and II.
- Candidates should prepare well for both Paper-I and II.
SSC JE Sample Papers 2016 – 17
The Sample Papers of SSC JE are available here for downloading. The candidates appearing for the exam can use the SSC JE Sample Paper 2016-17 and prepare well for the exam. Candidates can also give here online mock test and boost up their speed level.
SSC JE Answer key 2016 – 17
The SSC JE Answer key 2016-17 will be released both officially and unofficially. The Official Answer key will be released by SSC few days after the exam. Whereas the unofficial Answer key will be released by some of the coaching institutes just after the exam get over. The Answer Key released by both the sources will be hosted here on this page. The Answer Key will help the candidates to assess their performance in the exam.
SSC JE Result 2016 – 17
The SSC JE Result 2016-17 of the Paper 1 will be declared in January 2017. Qualifying candidates of Paper 1 will be called for Paper 2. The Final Result will be declared on the basis of Paper 1 and 2. Click the link above to read more on the Result of SSC JE.
SSC JE Cutoff 2016 – 17
Candidates to qualify in each stage will have to secure the minimum qualifying Cutoff score. The SSC JE Cutoff 2016-17 will be decided by the Commission. Click the link above to check the expected cutoff of SSC JE. The Cutoff for Paper 1 and 2 has been published here separately.
SSC JE Selection Procedure 2016 – 17
- The SSC JE Selection Procedure 2016 – 17 will include Written Examination.
- SSC has decided to discontinue with the process of interview.
- The Written Examination will comprise of two papers – Paper 1 and 2.
- Candidates who will qualify the Paper 1 will sit for Paper 2.
- On the basis of the marks obtained in Paper 1 and Paper 2 candidates will be selected.
Resolution of Ties under SSC JE 2016 – 17
In case more than one candidate secures the equal aggregates marks, tie will be resolved by applying the following methods one after another:
1) Total marks in written examination.
2) Marks in Paper-2
3) Marks in Paper-1
4) Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
5) Alphabetical order in the first names of the candidates.
Salary Structure of SSC JE 2016 – 17
|Departments||Post||Grade Pay||Gross Salary|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|CPWD||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Department of Post||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer(Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer(Electrical and Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|MES||Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Civil||–||–|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)||Junior Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical)||–||–|
|Central Water Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil)||–||–|
|Central Water Power Research Station.||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||–||–|
|Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance) –(Mechanical)||–||–|
|Dte. Of Quality Assurance(Naval)||Junior Engineer (Naval Quantity Assurance)- (Electrical)||–||–|
Stay tuned to AdmissionTimes for more updates on SSC JE 2016. For any queries, post your email id below.
SSC JE Previous Papers PDF Download
Download SSC JE Question Papers with answers
- Junior Engineer Exam General Awareness Paper-1: CLICK HERE
- Junior Engineer Exam General Awareness Paper-2: CLICK HERE
- Junior Engineer Exam General Awareness Paper-3: CLICK HERE
- Junior Engineer Exam General Awareness Paper-4: CLICK HERE
- Junior Engineer Civil Exam Paper-1: CLICK HERE
- Junior Engineer Civil Exam Paper-2: CLICK HERE
- Junior Mechanical Engineer Exam Paper-1: CLICK HERE
- Junior Mechanical Engineer Exam Paper-2: CLICK HERE