Why Study at Griffith University, Australia
As a leading institution in the Asia-Pacific, Griffith University ranks in the Top 2% of Universities in the World. Students can choose from a range of disciplines at the University for both, undergraduate and postgraduate studies. Degrees span areas like Engineering and IT, Business and Government and Science and Aviation.
The University is a Gen Y institution, ranking 32nd in the QS World University Rankings 2018. Also, it holds 5 star rating for its overall educational experience, from the Good Universities Guide.
Griffith University is known for its quality of education and strong research areas. Over 200 degrees are on offer for students; they also benefit from strong industry ties shared by the University. It has 6 campuses, each dedicated to student welfare and career growth. The campuses are based in the cities of Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Logan.
For over 40 years, Griffith has been deeply connected to the Asian region, inspiring the surrounding community. Over 200,000 Griffith alumni are spread over 130 countries.
Griffith University is in the top ten of Australian institutions according to a new performance measure ranking universities on a range of published research criteria.
The University Ranking of Academic Performance lists universities on criteria including citation, impact and journal standing.
Griffith University has been ranked the tenth-best performed on a national level and is inside the top 300 on world rankings.
New Courses for Feb 2020 intake (Bachelor’s Degrees)
- Bachelor of Acting
- Bachelor of Intelligent Digital Technologies – Internet of Things, Big Data Analysis, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Robotics and Web Development.
- Bachelor of Construction Management
New Courses for Feb 2020 intake (Master’s Degrees)
- Master of Business with 14 majors
- Master of International Business / Master of Marketing
- Master of Design – No portfolio required
- Master of Global Public Health (earlier known as Master of International Public Health)
- Master of Professional Engineering – 2 years
- Master of International Law
- Master of Global Development
- Master of Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Master of Business – New (multiple specializations)
- Master of International Business / Master of Marketing
- Master of International Business / Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of Finance
- Master of Professional Accounting
Popular Engineering Degrees
- Bachelor of Engineering Honors
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information System and Information Technology Management
- Master of Civil Engineering – Advanced
- Master of Engineering Project Management – Advanced
ADMISSION TIMES Admission Times is the admission advisory board for the — students, universities and overseas education system. Admission Times consists of accomplished professionals with years of experience in education industry. The objective of the advisory board is to provide guidance & counsel the student to provide insight into the university admission process.
Apply Now : Fill the form on the below or email us at email@example.com
- Business programs are AACSB accredited.
- Only Bachelor’s programs are EA accredited.
nternational Students = 11500
Brisbane Population = 2.1 million
Brisbane Climate (Winter = 9-21 degrees C, Summer = 19-29 degrees C)
Gold Coast Population = 5,90,000
Total Campuses = 5
- Main Campus – Nathan
- CBD Campus – South Bank, Brisbane
- Biggest Campus – Gold Coast
Cost of Living Per Week
- Gold Coast = AUD 270
- Brisbane = AUD 275
- Melbourne = AUD 338
- Sydney = AUD 418
- Top 2% (2018-2019)
- #350 worldwide ranking
- No. 1 in Australia for Hospitality and Leisure Management
- No. 34 in world and No. 1 in Queensland for Nursing and Midwifery (Bachelor of Nursing only available for February Intake. Students interested in July Intake can go for Diploma leading to Degree).
English Language Requirement
- Standard requirement = IELTS 6.5 (6)
- Minimum acceptable score for Pathway Program = IELTS 6 (5.5), PTE 50 (42), TOEFL 71 (W – 19, L – 17, R – 17, S – 17)
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor’s Degree
- An overall grade average of 65% in the best 4 subjects
Eligibility Criteria for Master’s Degree
- Section 1 University – 50%
- Section 2 University – 55%
- Section 3 University – 60%
Backlogs Accepted for Master’s Program
- 3-year Bachelor Course = 5 backlogs
- 4-year Bachelor Course = 15 backlogs
English Language Waiver
- Waiver if Bachelor degree from Section 1 university (need to submit MOI). Applicant who has undertaken English Proficiency Test (e.g. IELTS), but has not met the minimum English entry requirements will be required to undertake additional English studies (ELICOS) or re-take English Proficiency Test.
- IELTS 6.5/5.5 except writing – Waiver of 0.5 bands
- English waiver for Bachelor’s degree if English Score in Std. 12 is minimum 70%.
Masters Qualifying Program (MQP)
Eligibility Criteria – GPA 3.5/7 (this can also be offered to the students who have 16-20 backlogs)
Master of Pharmacy is a 3-year course which is fast tracked to 2 years with 6 semesters. Internship program is available, wherein student can earn up to AUD 40,000.
Points to be Remembered at Application Stage
- Mention campus and major in application form.
- Attach rear side of marksheet (for calculation of grades)
- Attach visa refusals with details. Any rejection from Australia will not be accepted. Students with prior visa refusals from USA/Canada can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Attach backlog summary/fail marksheets.
- Attach syllabus for credits.
- For English waiver, if MOI is available, no need to attach English Proficiency Test (e.g. IELTS) scorecard.
- Work experience letter should consist of joining date, relieving date, designation, role and responsibilities.
- Attach duly filled Student Study Statement and Questionnaire (SSSQ) or Griffith International (GI) Statement (also available on Study Link Portal).
- Information in SSSQ and SOP must be consistent.
Points to be Remembered at Funds Stage
- Education loan letter must contain the course and university details.
- Property valuation report must be from government approved valuer.
- PPF of only parents acceptable
- Gold loan not acceptable
- In case of business income, registration certificate and current account statement is required.
- ITRs of last 2 financial years. Along with ITR acknowledgement page, computation page is required with details of income
- Salary Income – ITRs, employer details, pay slips/statement
- Rental Income – Lease/Rental Deed, bank account statement
- Agriculture Income – Ownership certificate, income certificate issued by Tehsildar (and not the lower authorities)
- Dairy Income – Income certificate issued by SDM for Punjab. For other states, income certificate issued by government hospital veterinary doctor.
- Loan from a non-acceptable bank disbursed in an acceptable bank is accepted.
- Overdraft limit is acceptable.
- GTE interview will be conducted by university only for students of Punjab and Haryana after issuing the offer letter.
- Students with prior visa rejections from US/Canada/UK will be interviewed by university.
- Default scholarship of 10% to all eligible students..
- DEP (Direct Entry Program) scholarship of AUD 1000 to top performing students.
- Merit scholarship of 25% to 50% (Criteria – minimum 85% in Std. 12 for UG Course and minimum 70% in Bachelor Degree for PG course). Student needs to apply for these scholarships to be considered.
- Student should answer all the questions and there should be no vague answers.