University of Bedfordshire, also known as Beds is popular for its vibrant & cosmopolitan student Population. Beds is a modern, innovative university with a heritage of top quality education going back more than 100 years.
We value real-world experience to prepare you for life beyond university, which is why we’ve forged connections with thousands of companies locally, nationally and internationally.
Our vital industry links enable you to create your own network of industry contacts. And, through our placements, you can gain that all-important practical experience whilst you complete your course.
Through our Placements for All initiative, we offer a number of internships, placements and work experience opportunities which you can take advantage of.
Facts & Figures
- Year of Foundation – 1958 (University charter received in 1993). Change of Name: University name was changed from ‘University of Luton’ to ‘University of Bedfordshire’ in 2006 to reach out bigger odience in the region.
- Type of institution – Tier 4 Sponsor, Higher Education Institution (HEI)
- Intakes – Mar/May/Sep/Nov
- Campus locations – Luton, Bedford, Putteridge Bury, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes
- Scholarships – Yes
- No of countries Representative – 120
- No of academic staff –1400
- Accommodation – Yes
- Total student number – 24000
- International Student number – 3500
- Student union – Yes
- Main strengths – Business Administration, Marketing, Management, Media, Journalism, Law, Nursing, Tourism & Hospitality, Computer Science, Linguistics, Health and Social Science, Education and Sport, PE.
- Professional associations – IBMS, NCTJ, BCS, IET, CIPR, CIM, CIPD, BPS, ABS, EFMD, Google
- Career development supports – Yes
- Career after 6 months – 92%
- Guardian university rank – 113
- MBA with Placement
- MSc International Business with Placement
- MSc Computer Science with placement
- MSc Electronic Engineering with placement
- Undergraduate Courses: Year 12 – 55% overall marks or above.
- Postgraduate Courses: Bachelor degree – 50% of the marks overall.
English Language Requirements:
- For UG & PG: IELTS 6.0 bands with minimum 5.5 bands in each module.
- IELTS Waive off Criteria: Indian students who scored minimum 60% in English at class XII are exempted from English waiver Skype Interview. Those between 60 to 64 will still sit for the interview English waiver and Skype Interview. Students with B2 will be required to attend a three months English Skills course along with their main course; this will be free of charge.
- Student with UKVI IELTS minimum 5.5 overall with 5.5 in each bands need to attend a three months English Skills course along with their main course, this will be free of charge.
- Students with UKVI IELTS minimum 5.5 overall with 5.0 in only one band would need to attend maximum 2 weeks pre-sessional.
Students will only be able to avail Vice Chancellor’s scholarship or Discount as mentioned below; if they claim Vice Chancellor’s scholarship then they will not be able to claim other Discounts / Scholarships.Fees and Scholarships 2018-2019
- Undergraduate – BA/BSc £11,500 100% £1,000 £
- Master’s (Computer Science) – £12,000 N/A N/A £12,000
- Taught Master’s – MA/MSc £12,000 100% £1,000 £
- MBA – £12,500 100% £1,000 £11,500
- Scholarship – There is also a £500 merit scholarship available for those scoring 60% and above marks in their academic subjects with an average IELTS score of 6.0 with 5.5 in each band.
Tuition Fee Payment Options –
- Tuition Fees Deposit: Students need to pay 65% of Fees for a CAS and the remaining 35% in 5 equal installments.
- Discount: student can also pay Full Fees and avail an Early Payment Discount of 1000 Pounds.Students can also get a discount of £500 if they pay 65% of the fee on or before registration (Which can be paid before or on at Registration only and not after registration).
- Credibility Interviews: Please note all Students will have to go through Credibility Interviews before CAS can be issued.