UGC Guidelines on Examination Amid Coronavirus, Semester Exams in July, Open Colleges in August: UGC Tells Universities
UGC Guidelines on Examination amid Coronavirus
1. Intermediate Semester Students will be graded on the basis based on internal assessment of the present and previous semester. Exams will be conducted in states where situation has gone back to normal in the month of July.
2. Terminal Semester Students exams will happen in the month of July.
3. A Covid-19 cell shall be started in every University which will solve issues of students in regard to the academic calendar and examinations.
4. Universities can have summer vacations for 30 days from June 01 to June 30 if required.
New Academic Calendar for 2019-20
New Academic Calendar for 2020-21
General Guidelines Released By UGC
1. Universities are allowed to follow a 6-day week pattern.
2. Universities have been asked to develop virtual classroom and video conferencing facility and the teaching staff should be trained to use current technology.
3. Students will be given exposure to lab assignments& experiments through virtual laboratories.
4. Universities should strengthen the mechanism of mentor-mentee counseling.
5. Universities should prepare online content and online ab experiments and upload the content on their websites.
Image Source – NDTV