UGC NET June 2019 Online Application Start on ntanet.nic.in. Check How to Apply
The online application forms for UGC NET 2019 June examination would begin on March 1 (today) and on the official website at ntanet.nic.in. The application process for NTA UGC NET 2019 would close on March 30, 2019.
How to apply for UGC NET 2019:
Step 1. Visit the official website at ntanet.nic.in
Step 2. Go through the official notification to check the eligibility criteria.
Step 3. After checking the eligibility, candidates can apply online for UGC NET 2019 June exam.
The link for UGC NET 2019 registration would be activated soon. Fill in the online application form, upload the signature and image and pay the fees.
NTA UGC NET June 2019 Notification
National Testing Agency, NTA has released the public notice for the UGC NET June 2019 examination. NTA has only released a short notice at present and the detailed bulletin would be released only once the registration commences. Candidates interested in appearing for the UGC NET or National Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowships can apply online from March 1, 2019 on ntanet.nic.in. Check UGC NET June 2019 Important Dates and official notification below.
Candidates to please note that as per the official notification, UGC NET June 2019would be based on the new syllabus which is available on ugcnetonline.in. Direct link for the UGC NET Syllabus is also provided here for quick reference.
NTA UGC NET June 2019 Important Dates
- Start of Online Registrations: March 1, 2019
- Last date to fill online application form: March 30, 2019
- Release of Admit Card: May 15, 2019
- Date of Examination: 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 June 2019
- Declaration of Result: By July 9, 2019
Like the previous December examination, UGC NET 2019 would be completely computer based test. The examination would be conducted in various shifts and candidates can select which day they wish to appear for the examination.
The UGC NET Exam, also known as National Eligibility Test is conducted twice every year to offer the post graduate students an opportunity to help framing their career in Research or Lectureship field.
Undoubtedly, it is one of the toughest exams in India. So, the students who wish to appear in it must be well-prepared to achieve success and stand a chance to apply for JRF & Assistant Professor positions in India’s Top Universities.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Overview
|Name of Exam
|UGC NET (National Eligibility Test)
|National Testing Agency (NTA)
|Mode of Exam
|Online (Computer Based Test)
|Master’s degree with at least 55% marks
|JRF- 30 Years or belowAssistant Professor-No age limit
|Medium of the Exam
|Hindi or English
|Duration of the exam
|3 Hours (Paper I- 1 Hour, Paper II- 2 Hours)
|No. of Questions
|150 Questions (Paper I: 50, Paper II: 100)
|Type of questions
|Objective type questions
Mode of Answering
- NTA organized, UGC NET Exam July 2019 will be an offline (pen-paper) based test. Candidates have to mark the response in the OMR (optical mark reader) sheets. It will be an objective type exam (MCQs).
Medium of Examination
- Candidates can choose either Hindi or English as the language of the question paper.
List of Acceptable Subjects
- Candidates can download the list of accepted subjects for Paper II of UGC NET exam at https://cbsenet.nic.in/CMS/Handler/FileHandler.ashx?i=File&ii=55&iii=Y
UGC NET June Application Form 2019
The applicants should go through the instructions given below with regard to UGC NET application form 2019:
- First of all, candidates must go through official notification and should obtain official information bulletin.
- Candidates can submit the application form for UGC NET 2019 exam through online mode only.
- The application form available online from 1st March 2019.
- The last date for submission of application form is 30th March 2019.
- Candidates must provide all the information asked in the application form. Remember, all the particulars filled in the application form should correct and true.
- You need to upload scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format with given specifications.
- Also, pay the requisite application fee which is a mandatory requirement to the complete the registration.
- No need to send the hard copy of the application form to the NTA office.
The Registration for NTA NET June 2019 begin on March 1, 2019 and end on March 30. Candidates will be able to apply for the exam through the official website, that is ntanet.nic.in.
The downloading of admit cards for the exam will begin on May 15, 2019. The exam will be conducted in multiple sessions on June 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28.
Soon after the examination, NTA will release provisional answer key and candidates will be given the facility to submit their objections, if any, on the answer key.
NTA plans to announce the Result of NTA NET June 2019 by July 9, 2019.
- General candidates: Rs.1000/-
- OBC-NCL candidates: Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/PwD candidates: Rs.Rs.250/-
- The candidates can pay the application fee through online mode using net banking, credit/debit card or e-challan.
- The application fee will not be refunded in any case. Hence, you must satisfy yourself before submitting an application form.
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must be aware of the eligibility requirements for appearing in UGC NET exam. Here you can check complete eligibility criteria with regard to NTA UGC NET 2019 exam:
- There is no upper age limit for Assistant Professor.
- In case of Junior Research Fellowship, the upper age limit fixed to 30 years as on 1st January 2019.
- SC/ST/PwD/OBC-NCL/Women candidates can be relaxed upto five years.
- Candidates having research experience and LL.M. degree will also be eligible for 3 years relaxation.
Academic Qualification Criteria
- Qualifying Exam: Any candidate having a Post-graduate degree or equivalent from a recognized university will be eligible to apply. Candidates with Ph.D. are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: Candidates must obtain at least 55% marks aggregate in the qualifying exam. Reserved category candidates need to score 50% only.
- Appearing Candidates: Aspirants those who are appearing in the final semester of the qualifying exam can also apply for UGC NET 2019.
- Relaxation: Ph.D. degree holders are eligible to seek 5% relaxation in aggregate marks. However, such applicants should have completed Master’s degree exam by 19th September 1991.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2019
According to UGC NET 2019 Exam Pattern, the test will consist of two papers (Paper I & II).
UGC NET Paper – I is common to all. It will be primarily designed to test the general awareness, comprehension, divergent thinking and reasoning ability of the aspirant.
UGC NET Paper – II will be based on the selected subject by the candidate.
|Number of Question
|50 Questions all Are Compulsory
|100 Questions all Are Compulsory
The candidates must be aware of the exam pattern before appearing in the exam. Here are the details about NTA UGC NET 2019 Exam Pattern below:
|Online Mode. It means the exam is a computer-based test.
|No. of Papers
|There will be two papers in this exam.
|Medium of the Exam
|The test paper will be available in either English or Hindi as per choice filled by the candidate.
|Duration of Exams
|Paper-I: 1.00 hour Paper-II: 2.00 hours
|Number of Questions
|Paper-I: 50 Questions Paper-II: 100 Questions
|Each question will carry two marks and for every correct response, two marks will be awarded.
|Important Note – There is no negative marking in UGC NET 2019.
UGC NET 2019 Syllabus
The information about the syllabus of the UGC NET exam is very-very crucial to know in order to qualify the test. Paper-I of the exam will consist of reasoning ability, general awareness and language skills etc. The papers are designed to check candidates teaching/research aptitude. Candidates can check previous years questions papers to know the syllabus and important topics of the UGC NET exam.
How to Prepare for NTA UGC NET 2019?
The interested candidates who are preparing for UGC NET exam must collect significant information about the exam. It is a national level exam through which candidates can pursue their dream of joining teaching sector job as Junior Assistant and Assistant Professor at the university level. The candidates have to give their 100% efforts to qualify this exam and it will take a proper preparation plan to crack this exam. Here are some of the tips given below which will be helpful, check carefully:
- We recommend everyone to obtain complete information regarding syllabus and exam pattern.
- After the release of the notification, go through the information bulletin and read each and every instruction carefully.
- Candidates can collect previous year questions papers for reference and information.
- Solve the sample paper including previous year questions to know the difficulty level of the questions.
- Candidates should have good command on current affairs and general knowledge.
- Buy some good books which are relevant as per the prescribed syllabus.
- During the exam, time management is one of the important factors which can impact performance deeply hence, candidates should work on time management.
- Candidates are recommended to start preparation so early and try to cover each and every section of the syllabus.
- Be positive and confident during the exam.
UGC NET Admit Card 2019
- The authority release UGC NET admit card 2019 on 15th June June 2019.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website.
- Take a printout of the admit card and keep it safe till the entire examination process gets over.
- Candidates must carry admit card on the day of the exam along with photo identity card.
- Remember without having valid admission card, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Admit card will be sent via speed post to any individual.
UGC NET 2019 Answer Keys
The authority after completion of the UGC NET 2019 exam will release Answer Keys on its official website. Candidates can download answer keys for all papers. If candidates find any discrepancy in the answer sheet then they can challenge it through proper channel.
Candidates have to pay Rs.1000/-for each question. The authority after re-checking the objection of the candidates will publish final answer key.
UGC NET 2019 Result
The UGC NET Result 2019 will be declared probably in the month of August 2019. Candidates can obtain their result online at official portal by entering the application number/roll number and date of birth.
The National Testing Authority will also upload marks obtained by the candidate in the written test on its official website. Candidates should take the printout of the result and keep it safe for future reference.
UGC NET Cut-Off 2019
Candidates have to score cut-off marks for qualifying the exam. Those who score minimum qualifying marks will be considered eligible for Assistant Professor and JRF.
The subject and category wise merit list will be prepared. After the declaration of result, candidates can obtain e-certificate from the UGC. Check minimum qualifying in the table below:
|Cut-Off (Minimum Qualifying Marks)
Official Website: https://www.nta.ac.in/