DU Second Cut off 2016 has brought no relief for the students that aspire to study in DU Colleges. DU have released the Second cutoff list for admissions to the Undergraduate Programmes in different courses on July 5.
Delhi University (Second Cut off 2016) For Arts/Commerce/Science
Delhi University Second Cutoff List 2016 : Here is the Number of Seats Still up for Grabs
Only a few on-campus colleges have managed to fill seats for all their popular courses. However, the dip in the cutoff with the second list may not be very substantial.
After the first cut-off many out-of-campus colleges have been nor been able to fill seats for all courses either. The will also release their second list for almost all subjects.
Total seats filled vs the total number of seats in colleges:
- Shri Ram College of Commerce: 360 filled out of 674
- Kirori Mal College: 600 filled out of 1385 closed for history and physical sciences
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women: 201 filled out of 730
- Sri Venkateswara College: 433 filled out of 1085 closed for Political Science, Life Science, Botany, Zoology
- Hindu College: 380 filled out of 752 closed for Political Science, Sociology, BA programme and Zoology
- Daulat Ram College: 595 filled out of 1100 closed for bio-chemistry, zoology, BA programme
- Kamala Nehru College: 300 filled out of 869
- Miranda House: 308 out of 1001 seats.
LATEST UPDATE : No second cut-off list in many Delhi University colleges
Delhi University’s South Campus colleges seem to be giving a tough competition to colleges in North Campus as general category students have already filled up seats for most of the South Campus colleges in the first cut-off list itself.
These colleges will close admissions in respective subjects and will not release their second cut-off list. However, there are chances the admissions for the same subjects might be re-opened after the colleges decide their schedule for evening shifts.
- Ramanujan College – B.Com(H) And B.Com
- Aurobindo College (Morning) – B.Sc. Life Sciences, Political Science (Hons) And B.Com
- Sri Venkateswara And Maitreyi – Political Science
- Lady Sri Ram College For Women (LSR) – Sociology
- Kirori Mal College – History, Sanskrit And B.A (Physical Sciences)
- Hindu College – Political Science, B.A., Sociology, Botany And Zoology
- Indraprastha College For Women – Philosophy And History
Several colleges have already closed admissions to biology-based courses such as botany, zoology and B.Sc. life sciences and in most of the colleges admissions to the physics, chemistry, mathematics and physical sciences courses remain open.
However, admissions to all subjects would be open in colleges like Miranda House, Kamla Nehru, and Dyal Singh. The DU colleges, which still have nearly 50 per cent seats vacant, will release the second cut-off lists on Monday, with a marginal dip.
LAST UPDATE : Download DU Colleges 2nd Cutoff List.
Candidates who meet the declared DU second cutoff, will have to get their documents verified and receive consent of admission by the university after paying the prescribed admission fee between between July 5 and July 8, 2016.
DU Colleges had announced first cutoff list for admission to their respective undergraduate programmes on June 30 and almost 60% of the seats have been filled up in most of the colleges.
As many as 2,50,220 applicants completed the process of DU application for around 54000 seats in UG Programmes in 61 colleges.