SSC CGL 2017: Last date to fill online application extended to June 19
SSC CGL 2017: The SSC has also noted that candidates who have had their bank challans generated before 5 pm on June 19, can make the payment at designated branches of the State Bank of India (SBI) using these challans by June 21 2017.
According to the commission, some applicants have faced technical problems in the last two days while filling the form and hence has extended the last date.
SSC CGL 2017 Notification To Release On May 16, Check Revised Notice
The SSC CGL Application Form 2017 is available on online. Aspirants seeking for Central Govt Jobs can collect these latest updates regarding Combined Graduate Level Exam 2017 of all regions like Southern, Western, Eastern, KKR, North-Eastern, Madhya Pradesh, etc. Eligible candidates can enrol for SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2017 through online at ssc.nic.in.
As per the official notice, Candidates can start enrolment from 16th May 2017 to 16th June 2017.
The CGL 2017 Tier 1 examination will be held online from August 1 to August 20. The Tier 2 examination will be held on November 10 and November 11. The Tier 3 examination (descriptive type) will be conducted on January 21, 2018 while the Tier 4 (skill test) will be held in February.
But due to some administrative reasons, that were not divulged to the public, the notification was not upload. Now, with a new set of dates it is now certain that the SSC CGL 2017 exam is getting postponed.
SSC CGL 2017: The date of notification is revised & would now be uploaded on their website on May 16, 2017.
While the closing date of online registrations is fixed on June 16, 2017, the Tier 1 exam shall be conducted from August 1 to 20, 2017. Candidates who qualify in Tier I shall become eligible for next stages of selections which are Tier II, III & IV.
- Tier II: November 10 & 11, 2017
- Tier III: January 21, 2018 Tier
- IV: February or March 2018
As a serious SSC job aspirant, you must be hooked to the internet and more specifically the Commission’s webpage for updates. However, the application process will continue for more than a fortnight, hence candidates should not panic in case there’s issue in retrieving the official notification. Due to large number of aspirants, it is likely that there may be issues. Candidates should therefore keep patience and wait for a while for online registration. Candidates are suggested to go through the official notification, as and when will be released by the Commission, before applying.
SSC conducts Combined Graduate Level examination for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” categories posts in various Government Ministries, Departments and Offices. Every year, lots of candidates apply for the CGL exam. The commission will select candidates through four phases also called Tiers of exam.
5 Important Things To Know : –
1. SSC CGL 2017 AGE Limit
In a recent notification released on the SSC website, the commission will calculate the age of an applicant as on August 1, 2017 and there will be no change in this date for age reckoning.
Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream will be eligible to apply for CGL 2017. The upper age limit for general candidates is 27 years. However, for certain posts the upper age limit is 30 and 32 years. The lower age limit likewise varies between 18 and 21 years according to the posts.
2. SSC CGL 2017 New Pattern
The first tier of SSC CGL 2017 will be conducted in May/June 2017. The commission introduced computer-based test for SSC CGL tier 1 in 2016 for the first time.
The Pattern of the SSC CGL exam was changed last year. From pen and paper mode, the CGL was made computer-based. The number of questions was reduced as well to 100 questions so students had more time to attempt the paper.
Tier-1 Exam Pattern:
- Exam is objective type and will be conducted online.
- Question paper will be divided into 4 sections: (1) General Intelligence & Reasoning, (2) General Awareness / General knowledge, (3) Quantitative Aptitude and (4) English Comprehension.
- There are 100 questions for 200 marks and exam duration will be 75 minutes.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
3. SSC CGL 2017 Selection Procedure
Selection process includes 4 tiers as indicated below:
- Tier-1: Written Examination (Objective Type) (200 Marks)
- Tier-2: Written Examination (Objective Type) (each paper carry 200 marks)
- Tier-3: Written Examination (Descriptive Type) (100 Marks)
- Tier-4: Computer Test / Skill Test (wherever applicable)
4. SSC CGL 2017 Exam: Important Dates
|1||Release of Application Form||16 May 2017|
|2||Last Date of Registration||16 June 2017|
|3||Release of E-Admit Card for SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam||2nd week of July 2017|
|4||SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam||1 August 2017 to 20 August 2017|
|5||SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Result||4th week of August 2017|
|6||Release of E-Admit Card for SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam||End of September 2017|
|7||SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam||10-11 November 2017|
|8||SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Result||End of December 2017|
|9||SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam||21 January 2018|
|10||Computer Skill Test / Skill Test||Feb or Mar. 2018|
5. How to Apply
SSC will accept the application online. Candidates should take care while filling up the application form, especially the post-wise preference. It is because option once exercised in the application is final and for the post in which candidate has not indicated the preference, further request will not be considered. A fee of Rs 100 will be accepted for the registration.
SSC CGL 2017 Apply Online
The online registration for SSC CGL 2017 will get started from 11th March 2017. The last date to apply for SSC CGL 2017 is 15th April 2017. Check Recent Notification about SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates .
Here we are providing you the guidelines to help you to fill the online application for SSC CGL exam 2017. Here are some important things which should be kept with you at the time of filling the application form for SSC CGL online exam 2017: –
- Scanned signature and passport size photo.
- All the details about you and your academic qualification.
- ID proofs (optional).
- Application fees for unreserved category candidates is Rs. 100 and for reserved category, the fee is exempted.
SSC CGL 2017 Apply Online – Know the Complete Procedure
We are providing the easiest way to online registration for SSC CGL 2017. If you are willing to apply for the CGL 2017 online, then you can follow the steps provided below: –
Application procedure for SSC CGL Exam includes two phases as SSC CGL Part 1 Registration and SSC CGL Part 1 Registration. Let’ start with knowing the Part 1 registration process.
SSC Part 1 Registration for SSC CGL Online 2017:
- Online submission of application may be made at the official website ssconline2.gov.in.
- After clicking on the link, you will get the main page.
- You have to click on “Examination-Part I Registration”. And you will get a link of “Online Form”.
- Click on the “Online form-click here” link and the application form for the Part-I Registration will be opened.
- There you have to fill all mandatory information like Select Centre and Code, Name, Father’s Name, DOB, Gender, Category, Whether belong to Minority Community, postal address etc.
- After filling up all information you must go to the reset button.
- After submission of Part I of the application form, a registration no. and password will be generated that candidates must note for future references.
SSC Part 2 Registration for SSC CGL Online 2017:
- Again you have to log on to the official website ssconline2.gov.in.
- On the main page click on the “Examination-Part II Registration”.
- There you have to enter the registration no. and password, which was generated after the submission of Part I of the application form.
- Now upload your passport size photograph in JPG format. After that, you have to submit the fees either online through Debit/Credit Card or net banking.
- You can also generate a Challan copy and take print out if you want to submit fees at any branch of SBI, then you have to submit journal no. mentioned in slip online.
- Now you will receive a confirmation message for successful completion of SSC Online Part 1 Part 2 Registration Application Form.
SSC CGL 2017: Key Highlights
- The selection process is likely to be completed by February- March 2018.
- All the posts carry All India Service Liability
- Vacancy details will be given by the Commission atleast one month before the declaration of the final results
- ‘Vacancies for Ex-Servicemen are reserved only for Group “C” posts and not for Group “B” Posts as per extant Government Order/Instructions’
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying application fee. For others the application fee is Rs. 100.
- Tier 1 and 2 will be computer based and Tier 3 will be in pen and paper mode. Tier 4 will be a skill test/ computer proficiency test.
- There will be no interview
- Candidates will be asked for post preference during the time of document verification
- ‘However, candidates who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment to designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank upto 19 June 2017 provided the challan has been generated by them before 5.00 PM of 16 June 2017.’
- The Commission urges candidates to provide their Aadhaar number in the application form for early redressal of grievance, if any