Delhi University news is that a major announcement is on the cards with their admission policy and prospective DU students can expect some major changes like for Bcom(Hons) & Eco(Hons) students .
Delhi University major changes that can be expected are as follows –
1) bringing the admission process online and introducing a centralised policy for sports quota admissions.
2) BCom( Hons) & Economics courses students mandatory to have mathematics as a subject to be given admission into the courses
3) Other major change that will benefit students –
Colleges will have to adopt a uniformity in eligibility criteria for admissions
4) To make compulsory The Best-Four policy and it will be mandatory to include one language course in the Best-Four percentage.
5) In case of students who want to pursue Honours courses and has not studies the particular subject in Class XII , a deduction of 2% from their overall percentage.
However its not final and the admission committee has not submitted any recommendation regarding implementation of the Choice-Based Credit System (CBCS), which is being opposed by a section of teachers.
The admission process is likely to begin from June 2 and will be winded up by August 14.
The review would be done by Vice Chancellor and the final decision would be taken by him only.