UGC NET 2017: Students Upset Over 66% Hike In Application Fee.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has increased the UGC NET 2017 examination fee by approximately 66% much to the dismay of lakhs of aspiring students.
The 66% hike in UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) 2017 exam fee is twice more than the previous increase.
The hike has been implemented for all the categories, majorly affecting the unreserved category candidates. The students of General Category were earlier paying Rs 600 but now they have to pay Rs 1000.
Similarly, the OBC-NCL category candidates will now pay Rs 500 as against Rs 300 being paid by them earlier.
Aftermath of decisions like conducting the UGC NET 2017 examination once a year from being a bi-annual affair by the authorities to the revised criteria of selection from declaring result of the same from 14% to 6% this year. The move meaning lesser number of candidates now qualifying the UGC NET 2017 examination, the ice breaker decision to give a final blow has been this one with the online application fee hike observed this year for the UGC NET 2017 examination. READ MORE: UGC NET 2017 New Paper Pattern Exemption here.
UGC NET 2017 | 100% Inflation, 66.66% Hike
The online application fee for the UGC NET 2017 exam now been increased from this year onwards. The same application fee hike for the UGC NET 2017 exam was observed the previous year as well which was though around 36%. This year’s price hike which is 66% is almost double than the hike observed the previous year indicating a 100% inflation in the online application fee for the UGC NET 2017 exam in November this year.
The amount for General category has been increased from INR 600 to INR 1000. For the candidates belonging to OBC category applying for UGC NET 2017 exam now have to pay INR 500 as against INR 300 as the application fee. Whilst the price hike for UGC NET 2017 online application for SC/ST has been elevated from INR 150 to INR 250. READ MORE : UGC Change Rules : Tweaks Quota To Set Level NET Playing Field.
UGC NET July 2017 Important Dates
Take a look at the important dates of UGC NET July 2017.
- UGC NET July 2017, Notification Date : 04th August 2017
- Start Date of UGC NET July 2017 Registration : 11 August 2017
- Last Date of UGC NET July 2017 Registration : 10 September 2017
- Fee Can Be Paid Up to : 11 September 2017
- Date of UGC NET July 2017 examination : 05 November 2017
- Maximum age limit UGC NET July 2017 : 28 years (for JRF)
- Max. Age limit for Asst. Prof. : No Upper Age limit for UGC NET July 2017
Details of salary hike
- According to the proposal, an entry pay of the assistance professor would hike up by Rs 10,396 with a grade pay of Rs 6,000. The salary of an associate professor would hike by Rs 23,662
- For that of a Vice Chancellor, the entry pay which us currently at Rs 1,75,200, will increase by Rs 49,800 according to the proposal.
In the year 2006, the last pay hike was done. Under the decision of UGC, all the other teachers of Indian Institute of Technology, National Institute of Technology, and other state-funded institutions will be benefitted.
Also Read: No NET, No PhD Admission: UGC Draft Regulation
CBSE declared UGC NET result for the January exam on 29 May 2017. Let alone delay in result declaration, CBSE UGC NET January 2017 was marred with controversy as well. CBI had registered FIR in NET answer sheet scam; on the other hand the Board’s decision of conducting the exam, which is the most important for those aspiring for JRF and Assistant Professor post, only once a year was not accepted well by many aspirants.
UGC NET 2017 Application Fee
Service Charges & Service Taxes (as applicable) will be charged extra by the Bank
The fee can be remitted in the following ways:
- Through eChallan by deposit of prescribed fees in CBSE Account with Syndicate Bank, ICICI, HDFC and Canara Bank.
- By Debit/Credit Card.
Check How to Fill Online Application Form Step by Step – Click Here
Respected Source: Aglasem