Delhi University First Cutoff List 2017
DU First Cut off 2017 : Academic session 2017 will witness a surge in the applications and the Delhi University expect more than 15 lack application for admissions. The UG programme admission will be based on the basis of entrance exam & merit list. DU First cut off 2017 would be more or less like previous year however this year there is no increase in cut off is expected for commerce subjects. Delhi University First Cutoff List 2017 will officially be published on www.du.ac.in however we would send you the mail as soon as the results are published.
The University releases the DU 2017 Cut-Off list before the admission procedure. Delhi University publishes the separate cut-off list for Science, Arts & Commerce. The cut-off is the minimum marks which candidates have to score in the entrance test & qualifying examination. The Delhi University cut-off 2017 list will be prepared on the basis of total applications received, last year cut-off, qualifying marks obtained by the candidates, etc.
Delhi University Admissions 2017 to begin early, The Registration Forms for DU admissions likely to release between April 20 to 25.
“Online registration process will begin in April third week. There are some dates that are being considered. One of the dates suggested is April 20 but it could be anytime between April 20 and 25,” sources from the admission committee said.
No Entrance Test
DU says no entrance exam for admission in UG courses
DU will conduct entrance exam for 8 professional courses only — BMS, BBE, BBA, BTech, BA Humanities and Social Sciences, Bachelor of Elementary Education, Bachelor in Multimedia and Mass Communication and Bachelor of Science in Physical Education. Photo: Hindustan Times
While there were reports that DU is mulling to introduce the exams this year, however the varsity has informed the Union Human Resources Development (HRD) Ministry that the admission process will be conducted in old cut-off list system.
In January, PTI reported the varsity is planning to do away with the traditional cut-offs, however they have rolled back the idea. A senior official has said they made certain recommendations but the Delhi University has decided not to go ahead with it as the plan requires more feasibility study before it is placed before the statutory bodies.
The varsity’s Standing Committee on Admissions was earlier mulling admitting students through an entrance test rather than the existing criteria of cut-offs based on Class XII results.
We at www.admissiontimes.com, intend to make the admission process easy for you by providing instant Delhi University News and help you get the Course or Stream you want to opt for in Delhi University for the Year 2016.
Candidates can find the Previous Year DU First Cutoff list of different Colleges of The University from the table below.
DU Previous Year Course Wise Cut-Off : Top Colleges
- The highest cut-off for the academic session has been announced by Ramjas college at 99.25 per cent for BCom Honours, 98.75 for BCom and 98.5 for Economics Honours.
- The cut-off for Hansraj College has remained unchanged across stream with Eco(H) being the highest at 98 per cent.
- Sri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), ranked among the best in the country for higher studies in Commerce and Economics, announced its cut off at 98.25 per cent for Economics Honours and 98 per cent for BCom Honours.
- Miranda House cutoff for science courses is also same as last year with the highest being for Economics Honours at 97.75 per cent.
- Lady Sri Ram College has announced its cut-off for Psychology at (98.50 pc), English (98.25 pc), Economics (98 pc) and Commerce (H) (98pc).
This Year Might be Relaxation 1-3%