Delhi University Admission 2017-18: Know Details Here
Delhi University Admissions 2017 to begin early, The Registration Forms for DU admissions likely to release between April 20 to 25.
As per the officials of DU, the early start of registration will give enough time to candidates to complete the process.
“Online registration process will begin in April third week. There are some dates that are being considered. One of the dates suggested is April 20 but it could be anytime between April 20 and 25,” sources from the admission committee said.
Officials said opening the registration process in advance will give enough time to applicants to complete the process. The university had earlier planned to open registration process by March end but the plan could not work out.
“Board results are announced in May end but students can start filling the application form in advance. It will give them time to upload all documents and once the results are announced they can just fill their marks,” a member of the admission committee said. ” In the year 2016, the registrations for DU Admissions started on June 2 and ended on June 19.
Delhi University admissions 2017: Know how to fill the application form
Steps to fill the application form
Candidates seeking admission in Delhi University must know the step-wise application procedure as given below.
- Go to the official website of DU and click on the New Registration link.
- Fill up all the required details in the application form such as personal and educational details.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in JPG format. Also, upload the self-attested copies of 10th and 12th class mark sheet and certificate. Category and extracurricular certificates, if applicable.
- Make the payment through online or offline mode.
- Verify all the entered details, click on the final submit button and take a printout of the form for admission process.
- After the registration, a confirmation mail will be sent email address. Candidate needs to click on the confirmation link. Any change in the application form will not be entertained by the university after final submission.
The application fee for General/ OBC category is INR 100 while it is INR 50 for SC/ ST category. The application fee can be through debit or credit card/ net-banking in online mode and through bank challan at any branch.
No Entrance Test
DU says no entrance exam for admission in UG courses
DU will conduct entrance exam for 8 professional courses only — BMS, BBE, BBA, BTech, BA Humanities and Social Sciences, Bachelor of Elementary Education, Bachelor in Multimedia and Mass Communication and Bachelor of Science in Physical Education. Photo: Hindustan Times
While there were reports that DU is mulling to introduce the exams this year, however the varsity has informed the Union Human Resources Development (HRD) Ministry that the admission process will be conducted in old cut-off list system.
In January, PTI reported the varsity is planning to do away with the traditional cut-offs, however they have rolled back the idea. A senior official has said they made certain recommendations but the Delhi University has decided not to go ahead with it as the plan requires more feasibility study before it is placed before the statutory bodies.
The varsity’s Standing Committee on Admissions was earlier mulling admitting students through an entrance test rather than the existing criteria of cut-offs based on Class XII results.
The CBSE board exams are over and more than a lakh students would soon queue up to Delhi University for admission to 77 affiliated colleges. The University of Delhi conducts application process in the online mode now which is a huge sigh of relief for students. The online application process allows students from even the remotest corners of the country to apply for admission at the admission.
Recently six DU colleges featured in the top ten colleges list as per NIRF India Ranking 2017 released by Ministry of Human resource of Development. The performance of DU colleges in the NIRF ranking shows the University’s prowess in terms of teaching, research, infrastructure, and outreach.
The DU admission process extends to Two months that is, through the entire June, July and August. During this, the DU cut off lists by the colleges is declared, verification of documents and final registration are done by the colleges.
Delhi University undergraduate admission process may start early this year, by two months, which is by Mid of April. The students can fill the forms just after board examinations results are out. Well, every year, the registration process for the university starts by May end that concludes by mid-June.
In this article we have listed top 10 things which you must know about Delhi University admission.
1. Delhi University application process is conducted completely online now and students don’t need to queue up at the university or colleges to procure application forms.
2. Application fee for DU admission form can also be submitted online, hence no hassling for demand draft at an SBI branch.
3. The cutoff will be released separately for Arts and Humanities courses and Science courses.
4. Best four – most of the colleges consider marks scored in best four subjects, that is any four subjects in which a student has scored maximum marks.
5. The University may conduct entrance exam for admission to B.Tech., B.El.Ed., BMS, BA (Honors) Economics, BBA (FIA) etc.
6. 5% seat in each course is reserved for ECA and Sports quota.
7. Each college conducts its own ECA and Sports trial. Stay updated about every college’s schedule of the trial.
8. Women students can also opt for admission to Non Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB), DU which conducts weekend classes for women students at various study centers.
9. NCWEB, DU offers two UG courses – BA (Programme) and B.Com.
10. Students with low scores in 10+2 can also opt for admission to School of Open Learning (SOL), DU.
Delhi University Admissions 2017: Expected changes in admission procedure
Delhi University is one of the most prestigious universities in India. Every year thousand of aspirants compete for the seats offered by Delhi University. For getting a seat, the aspirants need to match up the cut-offs of the university. This year there will be major changes for Delhi University Admissions. First of Delhi University may conduct entrance exams for admissions to Delhi University. It is expected that the board will receive about 15 lakh applications.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had earlier said the central university does not have quota for city students, normalization of marks or entrance tests. Manish Sisodia had also written to former human resource development minister Smriti Irani who suggested that Delhi students will need to be given preference over those from other states in admission to DU. According to reports, this year Delhi University will conduct the admission earlier than before. The University had decided to start the registration process by March end only. Students of Delhi University will need to start filling the applications once the board examinations results are out.