DU First Cut off 2016 : Academic session 2016-17 will witness a surge in the applications and the Delhi University expect more than 2.5 lack application for admissions. DU First cut off 2016 would be more or less like previous year however this year there is no increase in cut off is expected for commerce subjects. Delhi University First Cutoff List 2016 will officially be published on www.du.ac.in however we would send you the mail as soon as the results are published.
LATEST UPDATE : Delhi University First Cut-Off List Out, Ramjas Wants 99.25% For BCom Honours
University of Delhi has announced DU 2016 First Cutoff on June 29, 2016 (8:30 pm), students can take admission until July 2.
- The highest cut-off for the academic session has been announced by Ramjas college at 99.25 per cent for BCom Honours, 98.75 for BCom and 98.5 for Economics Honours.
- The cut-off for Hansraj College has remained unchanged across stream with Eco(H) being the highest at 98 per cent.
- Sri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC), ranked among the best in the country for higher studies in Commerce and Economics, announced its cut off at 98.25 per cent for Economics Honours and 98 per cent for BCom Honours.
- Miranda House cutoff for science courses is also same as last year with the highest being for Economics Honours at 97.75 per cent.
- Lady Sri Ram College has announced its cut-off for Psychology at (98.50 pc), English (98.25 pc), Economics (98 pc) and Commerce (H) (98pc).
Delhi University Cut off 2016 For Arts/Commerce/Science
With over 6,000 applicants scoring 95% and above in aggregate in Class XII examination, the cutoffs are likely to re main high. It will be a tough competition for aspirants of popular colleges and according to sources there will be a number of colleges where many courses will not remain open beyond the second cutoff.
Even otherwise, with unprecedented number of candidates scoring over 90% in Class XII exams this year across education boards, the best of four aggregate is bound to go even higher. “This would probably take the cutoff of DU colleges up by as much as 1% in sought after colleges, which already touched above 95% last year,“ predicted an official at the Dean of Students’ Welfare, DU.
So it’s time to look at the scope within for advantages.For example girls must keep an eye on the cutoffs of the 24 colleges, which have 1% point relaxation for them, including campus colleges like Sri Venkateswara and Ramjas.
Similarly for admission to honours in any language course, advantage of 2% in the best four percentage may be given to those candidates who have studied that particular elective language.
Important Dates of Delhi University Admission 2016.
- Online Process Begins – June 1
- Last day of online applications – June 19
- DU First Cutoff Announced – June 30 – Announced
- DU Second Cutoff Announced – July 5 – Announced
- DU Third Cutoff Announced – July 11 – Coming Soon
- DU Fourth Cutoff Announced – July 15 – Coming Soon
- DU Fifth Cutoff Announced – July 20 – Coming Soon
Last year DU first cut-off for BSc (Hons) computer science was set as at 100% at the College of Vocational Studies (CVS). For commerce graduates BCom (Pass), the highest cut-off was at 99% at Maitreyi College and was at 97.25-to 99.75% at Hansraj College. The Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) set the percentage for Economics (Honours) set at 98.25 per cent, while the cut off for Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) was 97.375 per cent for general category students. While for BCom (Honours), this year the highest cut-off was 98% at Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College, CVS and LSR.
Delhi University is being most awaited as its in the top 20 best universities of the world, therefore we bring you tentative DU First Cut Off List 2016 which will give you details about the Minimum Cut Off for Delhi Universities Colleges in Delhi.